Can't connect to Visual Voicemail

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I've got a 900 on AT&T, and my phone keeps prompting for my password. Most of the time it would connect, but then disconnect later on that day. Today, it won't connect at all. Anyone else having this problem?

teoami

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the Lumia 900 on ATT and my Visual Voicemail is working fine at the moment.

Have you tried changing your password for the voicemail? Call your voicemail and go into the settings and change it. Then put in the new password for visual.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I have the Lumia 900 on ATT and my Visual Voicemail is working fine at the moment.

Have you tried changing your password for the voicemail? Call your voicemail and go into the settings and change it. Then put in the new password for visual.

Yes, I've tried resetting my password. I guess I'll call ATT and try resetting my voicemail.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Same problem for me here. Keeps asking for password but never connects. Even tried changing my password - no luck. Maybe its a Vegas problem.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Same problem for me here. Keeps asking for password but never connects. Even tried changing my password - no luck. Maybe its a Vegas problem.

You might be right. I think I'll wait and see what happens after a few days. ATT reps on the phone are of no help. They don't seem to understand or are familiar with WP and phone hub. I was told to go into a corp store so they can at least see what's going on. If I do that they'll probably have me do a hard reset.

dfoshay75

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Visual Voicemail Down on Windows Phone

I've got a 900 on AT&T, and my phone keeps prompting for my password. Most of the time it would connect, but then disconnect later on that day. Today, it won't connect at all. Anyone else having this problem?

I been having the same problem since yesterday I went into ATT store today and they informed me that the visual voicemail server is down.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Weird stuff going on with AT&T lately - my wife's iPhone began having problems connecting - after a whole weekend of troubleshooting it turns out that her phone number, which starts with a different area code than the area we live in, may have become "corrupted" somehow on the towers near our house. Turns out a few people across the country have reported that problem the last few weeks.

guesszoo1

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Server down?

I'm on the phone this second with AT&T support regarding this issue. After over an hour, no luck doing anything. If the server was down, no one could get it working but tons of folks are working fine so the server down sounds like someone that doesn't know what they're talking about. He's deleted the VVM from my plan and reinstalled it such that I had to re-setup up my voicemail ... still won't work. I've turned password on and off ... no effect. I've changed the password by calling into voicemail ... no effect. I've reset the password from the AT&T website .. no change. The AT&T rep is turning in a trouble ticket now and is escalating the issue. My wife's phone is having the exact same problem so it is not unique to my phone but could possibly be unique to our account. If I find out anything more, I'll post here.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm on the phone this second with AT&T support regarding this issue. After over an hour, no luck doing anything. If the server was down, no one could get it working but tons of folks are working fine so the server down sounds like someone that doesn't know what they're talking about. He's deleted the VVM from my plan and reinstalled it such that I had to re-setup up my voicemail ... still won't work. I've turned password on and off ... no effect. I've changed the password by calling into voicemail ... no effect. I've reset the password from the AT&T website .. no change. The AT&T rep is turning in a trouble ticket now and is escalating the issue. My wife's phone is having the exact same problem so it is not unique to my phone but could possibly be unique to our account. If I find out anything more, I'll post here.

It could be possible, because there are probably multiple servers that serves mulitiple locations. Similar to when the Marketplace goes down. Most times, it's not everyone that goes down. Just certain areas or regions are affected.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Ah, the trials and tribulations of the Cloud. When it works it great. But when it doesn't, oh well. Get used to it. Its a new World. When any of these services, VVM, Marketplace, Mail, etc., suddenly stop working, you gotta give it 24 hours to get back up and working. That's why paper based media will never completely disappear, thanks to the Cloud. Go find a book to read and check back tomorrow.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Ah, the trials and tribulations of the Cloud. When it works it great. But when it doesn't, oh well. Get used to it. Its a new World. When any of these services, VVM, Marketplace, Mail, etc., suddenly stop working, you gotta give it 24 hours to get back up and working. That's why paper based media will never completely disappear, thanks to the Cloud. Go find a book to read and check back tomorrow.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

First world problems ;)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Its happening to me as well. I've changed the expired password 3 times and it doesn't seem to want to remember it. My wife's Lumia 900 is getting the same issue. Not the end of the world because glitches happen but it is an annoying.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Looks like it could really be a Vegas problem. I've even removed my password, but it's still asking for it. I wonder if ATT is even aware or doing something about it?

clutchcargo777

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Vegas and am having the same problem. Rep tried all of the above, no luck. They decided to send me a new phone (I'll be getting it today). Sounds like its a local service problem. I'll probably link the rep to this thread and send back the refurb replacement I'll be getting.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Working fine today - left myself a voicemail, it asked for password once, showed voicemail, hasn't asked for password again.

We'll see if it works fine for a few days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon