Question about email accounts.

alex.reddon

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I would like to create a new outlook.com email address and use that as my primary microsoft email on my windows phone. I understand that by removing the current microsoft email account on my phone, that it will reset it back to factory default, no problem. But what about all my contacts? If I create a back up of my phone, is that back up tied to my previous email account? I am mainly interested in preserving my contacts.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Once your new account is set up you can import your contacts from your old Email address to the new one. You can find this under Options/More Options in your new email account.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I would like to create a new outlook.com email address and use that as my primary microsoft email on my windows phone. I understand that by removing the current microsoft email account on my phone, that it will reset it back to factory default, no problem. But what about all my contacts? If I create a back up of my phone, is that back up tied to my previous email account? I am mainly interested in preserving my contacts.

to make it clear when you remove the live or hotmail account YOU will have to hard reset the phone to get your phone and the outlook.com account associated it wont do it automatically!

anon(5344611)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, just like Dave said, you'd have to import your old contacts to the new Outlook email. Contacts aren not stored in your phone, but rather, they reside in your Microsoft Account (Hotmail, in this case).

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me f I could setup a new name last@outlook.com and not use it till the new wp8 comes out than set it up with this address than transfer my contacts, apps so on from my old live id account will this work at that time or does it have to be done at time of setting up new the new email account?
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes