Outlook: Is firstnamelastname@outlook.com or firstname.lastname@...more professional

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Vote for either using the dot or first name initial.
If your name is long, maybe the initial is better. User name that's longer than half the e-mail address don't look so pretty.
I just got a crazy idea right now of having an alias named Hotmail@outlook.com and it was already taken >_<. I'm so mad.
Verge seems to found other unreserved names too, including donotreply

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The full stop between first name and surname might be better in terms of stopping spam.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

anon(5344611)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I'd go with no dot or underscore, unless it's a really long name or is confusing to read. Just makes it easier to type and remember, in my opinion, if you're giving the address to someone who knows your name already, for example.

pwaikon

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I created a new account by address lastname.firstname at outlook.com

I think it's professional too and I'm gonna use it on my work related stuff :)

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Just buy your own domain with your name in it - it will about the same as a latte and you can get outlook to collect and reply on behalf of it.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You may want to consider how it sounds when you give your email address over the phone. Would it sound better with having to say "dot" between your name than just saying your full name @outlook.com?

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Any of those are good. I already have the dot in my gmail name so I went no dot for outlook.com address to have one of each.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon