Contacts and Calendar Question

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if this is posted elsewhere, but it's late and I am tired and frustrated and hoping someone can give me an answer.

I have 2 questions.

1) I am wondering how the OS decides what email account a contact you enter in is associated with. I have my windows live/Hotmail account and also my Google email that I use for work. When I enter in contacts using my phone there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason on which email account the particular contact will be associated with. I have looked under settings but see nothing other than filtering out which accounts show contacts and which accounts sync contacts.

I realize you can enter in contacts using your computer under that particular email account but what about when I do it directly from my phone?

2) As previously stated, I use Google email and calendar for work. I would prefer Outlook, however I am not the boss and Google seems to work pretty well for what we do.

I get the email fine on my phone however I can't seem to see anything that is on my Google account calendar on my actual phone calendar. Is this even possible to do first of all? There is a sync setting on the account to sync not only the contacts but the calendar as well.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!

Last edited:

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me if this is posted elsewhere, but it's late and I am tired and frustrated and hoping someone can give me an answer.

I have 2 questions.

1) I am wondering how the OS decides what email account a contact you enter in is associated with. I have my windows live/Hotmail account and also my Google email that I use for work. When I enter in contacts using my phone there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason on which email account the particular contact will be associated with. I have looked under settings but see nothing other than filtering out which accounts show contacts and which accounts sync contacts.

I realize you can enter in contacts using your computer under that particular email account but what about when I do it directly from my phone?

2) As previously stated, I use Google email and calendar for work. I would prefer Outlook, however I am not the boss and Google seems to work pretty well for what we do.

I get the email fine on my phone however I can't seem to see anything that is on my Google account calendar on my actual phone calendar. Is this even possible to do first of all? There is a sync setting on the account to sync not only the contacts but the calendar as well.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!
For question 1) I always had it ask me when I went to save or create it (I forget which) but it always asked me, (I had a similar set up as I had used gmail and windows live for my contact list) As for the Calendar I never had any issues.

The only thing I could think of is if you don't have the google sync set up properly on your phone to use the proper exchange server?

The other scenario could be that if your business is using Google Apps for its services (And it sounds like it is) then the administrator of that needs to enable Exchange ActiveSync first so see if that may be the issue.

Reference: Google Apps Mobile Management: Overview - Google Apps Help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddacker