when was the last time you received app updates?

danygandhi

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
When was the last time apps on your phone were updated?

I own a Lumia 900, a Galaxy Nexus and iPad 2. Both nexus and ipad average at atleast 10 app updates a week. The last time i received a app update on Lumia 900 was just skype update and that was 3 weeks back.

This is pathetic and i dont expect this to improve anytime soon, may be few months after WP8 release.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You should note that App Hub (developers site) was converted into whatever they call it now. So a bunch of new app submissions and updates were put on hold for several days, while servers were updated and new policies were put in place. Should start ramping up any day, after which you will probably see a deluge as they clear the backlog.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I recieve app updates all the time. I got some for an app last week I totally forgot I downloaded.

Seems strange you are not getting any, danygandhi.

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this as well and posted about it over in the Marketplace Apps forum. I do not have a huge number of apps installed but use to get updates at least once a week but it's been weeks (almost a month?) since the last update. Also note that the Today's App Updates thread has not been updated since 8/1 and that use to be a daily update.

Not saying that there aren't any updates but the number/frequency seems to have gone way down at least with the apps that I have installed.

Scott

anon(5344611)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna back up the claim of the update of App Hub, now called Dev Center. There was a week or so where devs couldn't update their apps, but now it's working fine.

With that said, I received an update for WhatsApp and Translator today. And before that, there wasn't a lot of time without an app updating.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
To be fair; the vast majority of app updates on Android and iOS are bug fixes to prevent crash events. Oh, and adding support for new devices/OS versions on Android too.

Some WP apps do lack features and I agree that the updates to deliver said features can take a while to come; but it's pretty rare that an app needs an update to prevent it from crashing.

Also, some apps do get a lot of support; the likes of Fhotoroom was getting an update about once a week at least for features and bugs.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Yand three just now eand sterday i received an update for some program.Anf three just now when I checked assistant and two others

Last edited:

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When was the last time apps on your phone were updated?

I own a Lumia 900, a Galaxy Nexus and iPad 2. Both nexus and ipad average at atleast 10 app updates a week. The last time i received a app update on Lumia 900 was just skype update and that was 3 weeks back.

This is pathetic and i dont expect this to improve anytime soon, may be few months after WP8 release.

Don't blame my beloved OS, It's still young and we are growing, as a matter of fact, your post depends on the number and type of apps you have installed on your phone. Also I don't expect an app update if the app is good and has no bugs, unless developer wants some UI change or improvements.

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I had a couple of apps the past two days update. slackers, fandango, last.fm and netflix

OK that would be odd as my view of the Marketplace shows the latest versions to be Last.fm at version 3.1 and Netflix version 2.1 - both released back in April.

What version do you have?

Scott

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
They are still working out the kinks with Dev Center. I am working with a developer who updated all his apps last Monday (8 days ago) and he has still not heard anything from Microsoft. Nothing has been rejected. Want to test and review his updated apps, but can't. Email him every day for a status update.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
They are still working out the kinks with Dev Center. I am working with a developer who updated all his apps last Monday (8 days ago) and he has still not heard anything from Microsoft. Nothing has been rejected. Want to test and review his updated apps, but can't. Email him every day for a status update.

Here's a link that explains the issues. Microsoft details ongoing Marketplace errors for some Windows Phone users | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes