HELP unknown icon

ankitsagwekar

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
345zwy1.jpg

can anybody tell me why this icon come automatically on my phone ?
what it's tell ? i didn't listen any song not play radio or view any video on my omnia w . but still this icon popup . also my battery drain so fast .:dry

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it's Internet Sharing, or tethering if you prefer.

Go to settings and then internet sharing to turn it off.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It's doing that to keep your wifi active. Every time your phone goes to sleep, so does wifi. As I understand it, WhatsApp is pinging the server to keep the phone awake so that your data connection has wifi running instead of chewing up your cellular data. The trade off is this eats your battery. It shouldn't be too big a deal if your phone is plugged in while you're at home.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
It's doing that to keep your wifi active. Every time your phone goes to sleep, so does wifi. As I understand it, WhatsApp is pinging the server to keep the phone awake so that your data connection has wifi running instead of chewing up your cellular data. The trade off is this eats your battery. It shouldn't be too big a deal if your phone is plugged in while you're at home.
If your phone is plugged in while your at home, WiFi will always be on anyway.

iHeartRadio will give you persistent WiFi without any pinging. Open the app, start playing a station, pause it, and then completely exit the app. If a background task opened, you can close that to. And to get rid of the station info in the volume control, start any video for a couple seconds to wipe that out too. With this setup, you actually save power, as your data radio never changes from a low power state while WiFi is active.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills