Windows Phone 7.8 ROM is the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

MathiasVerden

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
So I took the chance and installed the Windows Phone 7.8 ROM, and while it's far from what 7.8 will be and has a lot of custom stuff, it really blew my sucks off. A million settings are available, including a completely custom accent color and custom ringtones for everything. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a much wanted option to change ringtone volume either. One of the really surprising things are Nokia features, on my HTC Titan. Hm, seems like this ROM has things such as Intelligent group photo and NOKIA Panoramic. It has a **** lot of more features that I haven't played around with yet, but I'm pretty sure there is a language and region option for everything in the world. I for one have never heard of the region "Tatar".

Flashing and installing the ROM was pretty easy, and while I didn't care to do this, you can backup your settings and such ( I think, 99% sure ). I'm a total newbie when it comes to flashing Windows Phone, but I think there's a lot of phones this ROM will work with, and all I did was download a few programs, boot holding down volume buttons and then run 2 different programs. One of them flashed it pretty easily and the other just installed the ROM. The readme that came with the download spoke of update configurations, but I didn't ever see these and it just went directly to updating.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Right on! Can you easily put the phone into "truly silent" mode yet (no ringer, no buzzer)?

What about leaving the carrier bar in the always-down position on the homescreen (rather than have to swipe to see it all the time?)

Can you leave an empty row of tiles on the homescreen to create a divider?

Turn off 4G?

I'm hoping a lot of these things make it to WP8 in the next update, but if you can do them in 7.8, that's a really good sign.

MathiasVerden

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
This is a very early version of 7.8 so it's mostly just the customization that was included in the ROM, and some extras from WP hackers. I found something about changing the tile for an application, so in theory you could divide tiles with a small black tile, but there isn't really support for this in 7.8. What I love about the ROM is everything they added over WP 7.8, things such as customizing the search button, changing search engine etc. I'm sure as 7.8 is released we'll see a custom ROM that adds features from WP 8 that work flawlessly on older devices, but wasn't added by Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs