Windows Phone 7.8 update for non-Lumina devices on AT&T network

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone who has AT&T as a carrier gotten the Windows Phone 7.8 update notification on a non-Lumina device (yet)? I tried to update via the internet disconnect trick, but my internet speed is too fast and I don't want to use the seven-eighter tool due to various problems I've read about it. AT&T claims that the updates come on a "staggered schedule", but all I have heard about is Lumina devices (on AT&T) getting the update. Is there some kind of notification that AT&T will give me when the update is ready for my device (LG Quantum)?

Last edited:

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get the update notification either in my DVP or Samsung Focus Flash. Updated the very first day using the CAB method. No issues whatsoever.

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing yet on my Samsung focus 1.3. I emailed at&t about disappearing keyboard and they responded saying they releases a fix for that on 4/2012 and that I should have received it. All that I have to do is connect my phone to my PC and start Zune. I am still at 7720, I have emailed them a pic where it says that my phone is up to date on 7720

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
As far as the non-Lumina devices I am looking for updates for: for myself, LG Quantum and Samsung Focus Flash, and for my parents, Samsung Focus (original) and HTC Surround

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well, since it has been discovered that live tiles are completely broken, this update will get pulled and not released for any other devices until then.

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
well, since it has been discovered that live tiles are completely broken, this update will get pulled and not released for any other devices until then.
So does this mean (for sure) that those of us who didn't get the update yet have to wait until Microsoft releases a new build which fixes the live tiles issues?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta