WPCentral live tile still not working?

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So I used wphacker seveneighter to upgrade my phone to 8862 version of windows phone 7.8, which supposedly fixes all the live tile bugs, but WPCentral still doesn't show update count on the tile! D. Why not?? amazing Weather, Baconit, Bing translator and most of the time markets and me work, but Wpcentral still does not! Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: on a slightly related note, many of my live tiles are also still flipping in the style of 7.5 (slower, not as animated as 7.8 and 8)

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I updated via Seven Eighter on my Lumia 800 to 7.8 build 8862. The WPCentral app is still not working correctly. The live tile won't update properly, but interestingly I found that if I resized the tile to smaller and then medium, the count appeared showing how many news articles were new since last checked. Likewise opening the app will then refresh the live tile and show the latest news.

I reset my phone to start fresh to make sure the live tile issue was gone for good, so WPCentral was a clean install, so I don't see how reinstalling would help. I have tried unpinning, repinning and disabling and then enabling the background task. I have also rebooted my phone.

I also saw the black tile issue show its face again on the WPCentral live tile.

Everything else seems fine though all other Live tiles working correctly. Looks to be an app specific issue?

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Well they did just update today so hopefully that will fix it. Interestingly, I noticed if I resized to small and then back to medium that also fixes the issue where the tile flips in the 7.5 style instead of 7.8. Don'tcha just love bugs?

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
It still doesn't update properly, but that's just because I'm using a custom ROM. I still receive toast notifications though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes