Problem syncing Google email "Google account info is incorrect"

Dalek Phalm

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys, I've been a WP7 user for about a year and a half, and I've never encountered this problem before.

My device is an HTC HD7 (T9295)
OS is WP 7.8 (ver. 7.10.8862.144)

I've never updated the firmware.

The issue I'm encountering, is now when syncing my Google Account (email specifically), it gives me the error message "Google Account info is incorrect". I have the 2-step authentication enabled on my Google, so my WP7 has a specific "application/device" password. I haven't changed this in months.

Trying to manually enter in my email address and the special application specific password fails. Entering in my regular password (when logging in from a browser) also fails, though I expected that.

So I went into Settings -> Email+Accounts and deleted the Google Account entry. I then re-entered my details.

Everything was working fine for a couple hours, I was receiving emails no problem. Then I went to compose a new email on my phone, and the error message came back.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there a solution to fix this? I'd rather not have to delete and reenter my Google Account info in the settings if this keeps happening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon