Nokia 710 - cannot install or update any app, nor phone!!!

AlexBC

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
My dad is using a Rogers Nokia 710 on Fido network. Over the last few months, the phone has completely stopped downloading updates for apps, nor install any new apps.

I tried upgrading the OS, to no avail (no update available), until today when Zune FINALLY told me I got an update available 7.10.8112.7, and then I tried twice to upgrade, and BOTH TIMES it failed after going through the whole process for over 20mins and then giving me this error:

FF*** - I just lost the error code. It was 80009... something, I went to their website and the code was not listed. ***** Zune closed the page so now while writing this the code is gone. I love that you cannot copy/past from Zune window!

I am very close to just dump this, unreal... I have a Z10 and it updated itself via air with no issues, how in the world I cannot get a phone updated via their own software is beyond me.

Can someone please help? Is there a way to get this damn thing updates? Can I put 7.8 on it?

Current version on the phone: 7.10.8107.79
Available update on Zune: 7.10.8112.7

UPDATE: ERROR CODE IS 80070009

Thanks

Last edited:

AlexBC

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Urgg... I reset the phone per some instructions... now, I've lost everything, I cannot sync to previous backup, and it still doesn't update.

HOW do I make this reset phone take the settings and files from the previous sync? It's next to impossible to find.

AlexBC

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I lost all contacts, everything... how do I get it back from last Sync?

The sync options are only media stuff, what about Contact list? and other stuff. My dad didn't link Zune to his Outlook account, but he's been syncing the phone connecting it via USB. Where are those files to maybe manually sync?

Zune is one of the worst MS products I've ever used! like no kidding. I am a Windows user so this is not me being biased.

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Look he has to have a microsoft account just log back in and he will have contacts back Zune us just media

And **** your whinny attitude😊

AlexBC

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
If it could simply freaking update over the air, or through Zune without all of these stupid error messages, I wouldn't be whining. It's a horrible update system, all around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon