Question about wp7

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have an old Samsung Focus and my in laws are thinking about just using it. If I hook it up and go it'll work but it just wont get updates,right? I got rid of it before the 7.5 update so is it possible to still install that? Thanks in advance.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Most likely the update for the Samsung Focus to WP7.5 with Zune software is still on, but no for WP7.8 at least not officially... you can install WP7.8 in your Focus with the SevenEighter installer.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unless it has some hardware deciding to fail now or whatnot, it will still work OK.
You can likely still update it to 7.5, and custom ROMs are even an option considering that WP7 was jailbroken.
Heck, you can go up to 7.8 if you so desire.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks,can I even still find Zune anywhere? So if I power it back up and look for updates it wouldn't show? I've never installed a ROM.

Yup, you can find Zune.
It actually was offered as an optional update on my PC.

It may take some reading, but ROM installation can be pretty straightforward usually.
Regarding custom-baked ROMs, XDA-Developers is the place to go for these kinds of things. (its the hub of WM, Android, WP, etc. heavy duty modding and stuff, etc.)
Samsung Focus - XDA Forum
Here's a good place to start, especially in the Development subforum, there's a bunch of stuff down there.

For example, here's one. [ROM][05/08/2013] Dynamics v2.2 - WP7.8 RTM … | Samsung Focus | XDA Forum
I think they've done a good job in writing the procedure here for installation of their thing.
Of course, there are others, so dont feel obliged to flash that one specifically.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans