04-21-2014 07:08 PM
43 12
tools
    So, if I understand this right we will consequently se two type of filemanagers on the phone within a short period.

1) Thru thirdparty apps or MS apps who are going to add filepicker kompetense, Like the already existed "Pocket File Manager" for instance.
    2) Tru the cloude. One Drive app will get file management kompetence.

My goodness, what will the LagDroids and CrashDroids now have to complain about???

04-04-2014 11:01 AM
    The build in email app should take full advantage of this.. its kind of silly that you can't even attach a PDF file to an e-mail..

Is the email app a separate app that can be updated independently from the firmware ?
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    04-04-2014 01:36 PM
    Apps can now share any content to another app.
    04-05-2014 01:35 AM
    The build in email app should take full advantage of this.. its kind of silly that you can't even attach a PDF file to an e-mail..

Is the email app a separate app that can be updated independently from the firmware ?
    well You can't do that even in iOS,Security restrictions,every app runs in a sandbox etc...

but yes,you can install a FREE or paid 3rd party file manager and save the desired attachment From the Mail to it (Via the "open-in option when you click the attachment) and Also Can mail any file as an attachment FROM the app you created/modified it,Like you make a word file in office,then you save it and click on "open-in" and then on "mail",they would get attached to new message and from there you can send it,same goes for evernote Notes,and Scanned documents etc etc etc..So nothing to worry about......For PC files,You can save the PC files on the 3rd party file manager and can mail it from there,"the file manager" and not the mail app....I think WP8 can't even do that,pity Hah (LOL xD)
    04-05-2014 03:49 AM
    I'm kind of disappointed, for example: If I'm writing a e-mail, and try to attach some file, my only option is ... PICTURES!
    I can't even choose a file (document) or anything ... Same happens whit OneDrive, if you try to do a upload, our only option is pictures --'
    The only app who have a real access of file is the new IE11.

If IE11 can do, why a simple email client can't?

Doesn't make sense.

(81 Emulator ).
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    04-05-2014 12:27 PM
    I'm kind of disappointed, for example: If I'm writing a e-mail, and try to attach some file, my only option is ... PICTURES!
    I can't even choose a file (document) or anything ... Same happens whit OneDrive, if you try to do a upload, our only option is pictures --'
    The only app who have a real access of file is the new IE11.

If IE11 can do, why a simple email client can't?

Doesn't make sense.

(81 Emulator ).
    It really doesn't make sense, because the ability to choose files is available in WP8.1.
    Hope they update the mail app in the final release.
    04-06-2014 05:01 AM
    So, no email attachments.. What are you thinking about, MS?
    04-15-2014 06:15 AM
    I'm hoping they decoupled the email app from the OS so that it can be updated in the store, personally.
    04-15-2014 08:31 AM
    So, no email attachments.. What are you thinking about, MS?
    I'm hoping they decoupled the email app from the OS so that it can be updated in the store, personally.
    In one of build presentations, they showed that third party apps can create new email with attachments. So even if they forget to update Mail app, we should see some apps that has file picker (to choose every file you want), then app creates the email with those files attached. (It's technically possible with 8.1 APIs)
    04-16-2014 05:45 AM
    In one of build presentations, they showed that third party apps can create new email with attachments. So even if they forget to update Mail app, we should see some apps that has file picker (to choose every file you want), then app creates the email with those files attached. (It's technically possible with 8.1 APIs)
    True, but that still (just like the Office Hub in WP8) means that I can't respond to an email with an attachment.
    04-16-2014 08:49 AM
    I like that the file picker can access downloads, and that now it is possible to download a PDF into the downloads folder without burying it in the sandbox of a PDF app. At least, this is possible from Internet Explorer. However, with email attachments, I haven't been able to do this. Yet when you press and hold on a file attached to an email, the context menu that appears shows a grayed out option to save. Is there currently a way to use this to actually save a PDF attachment? Or is it at least possible that the grayed out option signals a coming feature? Anyone know?
    04-17-2014 04:09 PM
    I like that the file picker can access downloads, and that now it is possible to download a PDF into the downloads folder without burying it in the sandbox of a PDF app. At least, this is possible from Internet Explorer. However, with email attachments, I haven't been able to do this. Yet when you press and hold on a file attached to an email, the context menu that appears shows a grayed out option to save. Is there currently a way to use this to actually save a PDF attachment? Or is it at least possible that the grayed out option signals a coming feature? Anyone know?
    I tried this out yesterday on my 920. I can tap/hold on a document attached to an email and I can save the document. It goes to Office, places, email. Attached pdf goes to pdf reader library. Tap/hold from the library, select share, it goes to OneDrive. In Office, places, onedrive, tap/hold and select download. From there you can share it like any other document.
    04-21-2014 11:08 AM
    I tried this out yesterday on my 920. I can tap/hold on a document attached to an email and I can save the document. It goes to Office, places, email. Attached pdf goes to pdf reader library. Tap/hold from the library, select share, it goes to OneDrive. In Office, places, onedrive, tap/hold and select download. From there you can share it like any other document.
    And yet despite being suggested all the time, that isn't a real solution to this problem at all. You can't reply to an existing email that way, and if you have to send multiple attachments, you're out of luck. It just isn't an answer for business.
    04-21-2014 11:57 AM
    But that's not new with 8.1, is it? And as jhoff80 said, it doesn't solve the problem of attaching files to emails.
    04-21-2014 12:06 PM
    And yet despite being suggested all the time, that isn't a real solution to this problem at all. You can't reply to an existing email that way, and if you have to send multiple attachments, you're out of luck. It just isn't an answer for business.
    I didn't say it was an answer for business. I was simply pointing out you can attach files to emails other than pictures.
    There are three or four statements above that say or imply all you can attach is pictures to an email. No one said anything about replying to an email.
    We haven't even seen the file picker yet and how it can be used for email attachments. See what that brings.
    04-21-2014 03:19 PM
    We haven't even seen the file picker yet and how it can be used for email attachments.
    That would be because it cannot be used for email attachments.
    04-21-2014 03:42 PM
    That would be because it cannot be used for email attachments.
    Where was that discussed? Source?
    04-21-2014 04:18 PM
    Where was that discussed? Source?
    It doesn't have to be discussed. We all have the developer preview.
    04-21-2014 07:08 PM
43 12