Is GMAIL getting Push in 8.1?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
And I also just noticed that the option is now there on my surface pro as well...

It was always available to Windows 8 (Surface and Surface Pro). You get push and server search for GMail over IMAP. On the phone, currently we have no push nor server search over IMAP. I assume WP8.1 will give us both back.

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
this is wow...iOS don't have native push for Gmail but it do have apps for it (It do have fetch which connects after every 15minutes minimum to check for mails and manual download)...The problem with apps though,It is a clutter,opening another app just to check a gmail's emails :| I mean wtf...

davesannie

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
this is wow...iOS don't have native push for Gmail but it do have apps for it (It do have fetch which connects after every 15minutes minimum to check for mails and manual download)...The problem with apps though,It is a clutter,opening another app just to check a gmail's emails :| I mean wtf...
IOS does have push for gmail ;)

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
GMail works much better now on wp8.1. The only reason I'm still on Metromail (a great great app, just a bit slower launch compared to stock) is because I can access all the contacts emails, including just the ones I have used before, instead of only the address book.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon