8.1 Lumia 1520 Problems

aer127

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the developer preview on their 1520? I get an issue where my power button won't work. I have to wait for the phone to go to sleep automatically. Also been having issues with the auto brightness not adjusting as well as some issues with the network going in and out.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the developer preview on their 1520? I get an issue where my power button won't work. I have to wait for the phone to go to sleep automatically. Also been having issues with the auto brightness not adjusting as well as some issues with the network going in and out.

So far so good for me? I haven't had any issues and my power button is working.

Mikael Alfredsson

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
There's only thing Ive noticed so far and that is when you enter the SIM-pin and click Enter it takes a while and makes you going "hmm, did I enter an invalid pin?" and the next second the Pin keyboard disappears and the lock screen is displayed.

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Only thing I have found, so far, is my Gmail won't connect. It keeps saying it need authentication and when i click connect it does nothing.

xGORDOx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia Icon on Verizon and have been noticing my power button is acting funny since the update. The first time it wouldn't turn on at all so I held it down and rebooted. Since I have had a few time sit was real slow to turn on and once I had to use the camera button to turn it on.
I just tried it and it takes like a full second to two seconds to turn on.

Faksnima

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm having all sorts of problems. No sound, no mic ability, cortana's microphone button doesn't work, no video playback.....very irritating to say the least. I'm resetting my phone (I hope it doesn't 'brick' like another users did).

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So far everything is still good. It appeared many apps had to update and most accounts needed to be re-authenticated. I wonder if that was the reason for so many issues being reported initially?

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Besides the faster battery drain and my live tiles not working, everything else works as it should.

I've already hard reset my phone and my live tiles still are not updating. Sucks!

Ben Hopkins1

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I did the preview update but nothing has changed? what's that all about?!

I'm in the UK region, so i know there should be no cortana, but there's nothing new? help?

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
When I first updated, I had the GMail problem ("click connect, then nothing happens"), and it had decided that it was 22 Mar at around 10:00 PM. Even though I had the "set time automatically" checked and it was getting a strong signal from my carrier.

Eventually, after downloading all updates and just letting it sit, the time got synced (took about an hour), and doing the "Connect" button to my GMail account finally started doing something.

thefreeronnies

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Lumia 920 and I've noticed that automatic brightness and sunlight readability don't work properly after installing the developer preview. I guess its due to not having the up to date firmware (Lumia Cyan) that will be released when 8.1 officially rolls out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2