Video Calls - Skype

DaveSC

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
So I see that we have a video call option in settings / applications / phone and it's set to Skype for me. The problem is that when making a phone call the Skype button in the phone call is grayed out even though I am sure Skype is setup properly and the other person on the call has the same issue. We can both call / msg each other via Skype.

Is this just disabled right now or does someone know anything about it?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Seems like it has been disabled try a soft reset hold the power button and volume down button until it vibrates.

Have you got Skype installed on your device as well as the other user?

deejohdumb

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine doesn't work either. The thing is, the button was working before I installed Skype. It said need to download an app that can do video calls. Now when I make a call it doesn't work. Does the soft restart.... Didn't change anything. Any news on how to fix this yet?

Roman Royter

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here on Lumia 810. Did soft reset, updated Skype today, can tell Cortana to call someone over Skype, but can't upgrade cellular call to video call as the button grayed out. The callee runs Lumia 925 on WP 8.0.

JLP

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Same issue...button grayed out. No clue how to get this to work. Disappointing...thought this was going to be one of the coolest features to use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon