Wake button issues?

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Now that I'm on 8.1, I'm noticing that I'm having a little more difficulty waking the phone up, i.e., pressing the wakeup button on the side (I'm not sure what the official name is). Before, it took a simple push and the screen would come alive. Now I need to either hit it twice or keep it depressed. I haven't figured out the best way that works the most consistent.

Anyone else notice this?

Of course as I type this now, it seems to be working fine, but when the phone is inactive for a period of time, it seems more temperamental

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
it's call the power button.
works fine for me.
if you have a Lumia, turns on the "double tap screen to wake" feature so you have back up method.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
yep, glad its not just me. even when its working it has a delay that wasn't there before. its an ICON so double tap to wake is not available as mentioned above. maybe its going into a deeper sleep?

Tim Markwalter

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Same here, with a Lumia Icon. It has happened twice today so far. The first time I thought it was the IMDB app (which is ancient and may simply no longer be supported), but this second time it happened long after that app was uninstalled. (I did launch the rather old Fandango app as well...*shrug*) Anyway, hopefully it is a bug that will be addressed soon. Cheers!

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
this is the same issue I am having on my 8xt. Glad to hear its not just me. Does someone want to post a list of apps using the lockscreen so we can figure out what app is causing the problem is any?

Does someone want to try a hard reset and report back if its still happening or not?

Last edited:

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one, only because that would mean I'm losing my marbles :grin:

As for the double tap, its the Lumia Icon which I don't believe has that (or glance) for that matter.

ojo otter

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
My power button on my lumia 520 stopped working with the black update😒 So I have been using double tap since then...a least it has double tap to wake, my mates Iphone doesn't turn on unless you plug it in😐😐😏

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
All - Seriously need to pass this on to all Nokia Lumia users. I have the Lumia Icon and was having the exact same issue with the power button and Wi-Fi connectivity thing. Nokia/Verizon recently put out a firmware update to correct the Wi-Fi issue, but it wasn't pushed out for WP8.1 users; so, no fix for WP8.1 users. This is what I did.

1. Back up EVERYTHING you don't want to lose from your phone to your PC! BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!

2. Download the Nokia Software Recovery Tool from Nokia's website.

3. Install the software on your PC.

4. Connect your phone to your PC and run the NSRT. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UNTIL THIS HAS COMPLETED FULLY! NSRT will download the latest firmware and software for your phone. For Lumia Icon users this will INCLUDE the latest Wi-Fi firmware upgrade fix. This is a VERY LONG process. The file is 4.29 GB (for Icon) and you should use a high-speed internet connection (the faster the better).

5. Once FULLY completed, if you are not going to upgrade to WP8.1 DP again, go ahead and reinstall your apps and enjoy WP8.0 until the final release comes from Verizon. If you ARE going to re-upgrade to WP8.1 DP, HOLD OFF on reinstalling your apps. The reason is that some of the previous apps for WP8.0 are not designed for 8.1 and might be causing issues if already installed prior to upgrading. These apps will be known once you upgrade. They will be listed as "incompatible" in the app store.

6. FOR THOSE UPGRADING TO 8.1 - Go ahead and download and install the Preview for Developers App in the store and run it.

7. Upgrade to WP8.1 DP as you did before.

8. Once upgraded, DO NOT use the Restore from Backup feature!!! MANUALLY install apps from the App Store (using "my apps" section). Recommend you do this over Wi-Fi so you don't eat up your cellular data plan. This is where you will see the apps that aren't suggested to be "compatible" with WP8.1.

I did this and my Lumia Icon is working just like it did with WP8.0. No lag, no power button issue, no Wi-Fi issue. No battery drain! No problems whatsoever! If this doesn't work for you, I'm sorry, but it worked for me and I just want to pass it on in case it helps others! Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2