WP 8.1 and PlayTo (DLNA/UPnP)

Dainis Jonitis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I see PlayTo icon in Music app, but it is grayed-out. Is it because WP 8.1 works (like Windows 8.x) only with Microsoft certified DLNA devices?
On Windows there is at least way how to enable all DLNA devices using registry tweak. And the promise from MS to remove that requirement in future updates.
Would be nice to get same freedom on WP 8.1.

Dainis

andrewames

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, where did you see the PlayTo icon?

I haven't been able to find any mention of PlayTo support and figured Windows Phone 8.1 didn't actually have it. I thought it would be under "Share" but no such luck.

On a related note, the "Nokia Play to" app still works fine.

Soulforge

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I can't see the option in the music app either. Was really looking forward to seeing it implemented, hopefully Netflix et al will implement it too in their apps soon considering the support they are throwing behind chromecast.

Nokia Play To app working fine though.

Dainis Jonitis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, you are right. That "Radio" icon in Music app Album view (play triangle with two waves on the right) confused me to be the PlayTo icon (Nokia had same play triangle, but waves were in upper right corner). I was hoping for system-wide feature to stream music/pictures/videos and not use dedicated application like Nokia PlayTo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon