wp 8.1 battery issues

Dhaval Thakur

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I just got yesterday the wp 8.1 but when I fully charged right now n downloaded an app called battery sense it told me that the battery would last for 9 hrs! Only ! And rate is 9percent something per hour!
Pls suggest sum thing means to say anyone facing this ?
Me a Lumia 820 user (I knw 820 battery not that gud but it used to give me 20 hrs backup daily)

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I have also L 620 and its battery also drains fast , not only that phone is getting hotter in normal use and I noticed some lags in WP 8.1.

Wp8.1 is new and their are lots of bugs need to be fix

ronclone

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 620, battery life is half what it used to be before installing 8.1, I noticed a little overall lag but is getting noticeable better with time...
However the battery life issue its a problem with me... And don tell me its because I'm playing with the phone more, because that's not the case...

Sent from my Nokia 620 using Tapatalk

HomeBound12

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
920 reporting the same issue.

Battery is draining WAY faster than it did with Windows Phone 8.

Half trough the day I'm hitting 50% where before I'd stay well above 70%.

The only lag is in xbox games... keeps trying to "get the list"... and I mean every time. It's to a point where I gave up on it and removed it from start screen. Also, when it finally gets the list it lags scrolling trough it where before it was buttery smooth and it NEVER needed a refresh.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I've not noticed any difference, but then I'm on a Lumia Icon and its battery life is probably not the best anyways.

jwpear

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 928 here and I am seeing much faster battery drain during my first full day of 8.1. I'm at 50 percent roughly 7 hours into my normal day. I typically can do a day and a half on a full charge.

Admittedly, I've probably used it more today than usual, but it still feels like the drain is excessive.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried Cortana for an hour and she is really fun to be with. Unfortunately, I must turn on "Location Service" for Cortana to work. So I uninstalled her by changing region again. Location Service + Cortana = Huge Battery Drain.

EwingMCSE

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It's 1:30pm and I haven't used my phone at all except to read the news for about 5 minutes and messing with settings to stop the battery bleed. I finally put it in airplane mode to try to slow it down. So far, according to battery saver, the biggest user of battery power is..... battery saver! Also, whenever I get an email / txt message and the new notification center turns on the phone gets very hot and starts ripping through battery power at an alarming rate.

ctitanic

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Nokia 810 and I have also issues with the battery draining too fast and the phone getting hot. It happened the day one of 8.1 and today again. I have not found the cause.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
When I first installed 8.1 I did a hard reset, wiped back to factory, restored backup (for apps and accounts), let all the apps come down over battery and Wi-Fi. I let the battery die till I could not turn it on AT ALL. Then I did a full charge (newer phone, 2nd time full charge).

From other threads, this is what I did...
-I have disabled Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Sense
-Bluetooth off
-NFC off
-Disabled Battery Saver (there are claims that this does more harm than good)
-Disabled everything in "Sync my settings"
-Set Hotmail to sync every 30 min (from As I use my device)
- leave Exchange as is (as things arrive).
- Set IE not to send information back to Microsoft on usage

Every app is disabled from background accept for Twitter, Facebook and Weave.

This is what I did, so I could keep Cortana still working but, disabled everything else....

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Give it a few days guys, the battery usage will return to normal. My battery usage was worse after I just installed wp 8.1 dp but after a few charge-discharge cycle it is now back to normal for me. L620

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Give it a few days guys, the battery usage will return to normal. My battery usage was worse after I just installed wp 8.1 dp but after a few charge-discharge cycle it is now back to normal for me. L620

After the full phone reset, the battery was awesome for a day.
Next day I charged and all apps installed it was bad.
The following day beyond I've had better battery life than with WP8!
My tweaks? -
After Cortana figured out my home and work, things improved.
I turned battery saver off, but reenabled it after I realized that wasn't the problem.
I turned off Wifi sense "automatic connect" to hotspots. Left that off.
Finally, realized it's best to let Battery Sense to watch your apps for a couple days WITHOUT restarting.
Seems if I powered off my phone or restarted while battery sense is evaluating usage, the stats for apps rest over again and were "crazy" looking.

So he's correct - let it setting in and it will settle down on it's own. If you're having trouble, try turning off GPS which will also turn off Cortana for a bit until the apps settle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon