[Request] Set 3G Only Mode / Alternative to Native Toast Launcher / Field Test Menu

Nirajan Sharma1

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Any kind developer please help ppl like me achieve the following or any one of the following: (I have Lumia 520 updated to WP 8.1 Dev Preview)

1. Set 3G only mode on my phone, Previously I used this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...er-unlock-without-sdk-8-0-32bit-64bit-os.html

2. Any alternative to Native Toast Launcher, the existing one worked fine on WP 8 but not working on WP 8.1. Its deployed, the app opens fine, but cannot launch any toast.

3. Field Test Menu Access - This was disabled since GDR3. ##3282 with or without # in the end or even dialing all combination could not open Field Test Menu

Please help. There are a lot of people like me who face the issue of phone switching to 2G on its own. 3G is good elsewhere but not in my living room. And thus my phone becomes my boss and switches itself to 2G.

Thanks,

Nirajan :smile::smile::smile:

Last edited:

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Any kind developer please help ppl like me achieve the following or any one of the following: (I have Lumia 520 updated to WP 8.1 Dev Preview)

1. Set 3G only mode on my phone, Previous I used this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...er-unlock-without-sdk-8-0-32bit-64bit-os.html

2. Any alternative to Native Toast Launcher, the existing one worked fine on WP 8 but not working on WP 8.1. Its deployed, the app opens fine, but cannot launch any toast.

3. Field Test Menu Access - This was disable since GDR3. ##7282 with or without # in the end or even dialing all combination could not open Field Test Menu

Please help. There are a lot of people like me who face the issue of phone switching to 2G on its own. 3G is good elsewhere but not in my living room. And thus my phone becomes my boss and switches itself to 2G.

Thanks,

You are not alone. I have forced 3g before the update. And now can't get back to automatic.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site

1. Set 3G only mode on my phone, Previous I used this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...er-unlock-without-sdk-8-0-32bit-64bit-os.html

3. Field Test Menu Access - This was disable since GDR3. ##7282 with or without # in the end or even dialing all combination could not open Field Test Menu

Thanks,

You are not alone. I have forced 3g before the update. And now can't get back to automatic.

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Thanks,

Nirajan Sharma1

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Sorry WP 8.1, I am very disappointed. Huge battery drain, bad music app (keeps searching for music), media hub disintegrated, no cortana here (India, I know how to get it but not released here), disappointing quick access (why tapping wifi goes to setting!!!), nonsense facebook integration (you gotta comment, it will go to fb app by ms), no chat in messaging AND no way to access field test / fix for 3g only mode. Getting back to good old WP 8. Very disappointing updates after a series of good updates like amber and black.

glembozt

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
try to flash your Lumia with Vietnam's BLACK firmware and then update to WP8.1, the country code is VN
I use L820 and field test work fine with dial ##3282#
hope this work with your lumia, sorry for my bad english

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
try to flash your Lumia with Vietnam's BLACK firmware and then update to WP8.1, the country code is VN

Are you getting field test ##3282# with WP 8.1?

Nirajan Sharma1

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for your suggestion. Can I change my country after updating to WP 8.1? Will location services work after I change the country? I see the product type is same RM-914 but product code is different, will it cause any problem?

glembozt

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Are you getting field test ##3282# with WP 8.1?

Yes I get that

Thank you for your suggestion. Can I change my country after updating to WP 8.1? Will location services work after I change the country? I see the product type is same RM-914 but product code is different, will it cause any problem?

You can change your county region after flash it, the location services work fine too, no ploblem if your product code is different, different country/carrier have different product code

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
That's strange. Can't get field test after upgrade to WP8.1. Now I'm stuck with 3G only.

Nirajan Sharma1

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes I get that

You can change your county region after flash it, the location services work fine too, no ploblem if your product code is different, different country/carrier have different product code

Thank you, it worked!!! I am not upgrading to WP 8.1 though, there are many disadvantages than advantages.

glembozt

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
That's strange. Can't get field test after upgrade to WP8.1. Now I'm stuck with 3G only.

Stuck with 3G Only? Go to Settings>>cellular+SIM>>SIM settings>>change Highest connection speed from 3G to 2G, hope it work

Thank you, it worked!!! I am not upgrading to WP 8.1 though, there are many disadvantages than advantages.

OK, you're welcome, :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077