HELP!! 1520 working on WIND? Won't let me enable 1700mhz band 4 in field test mode!

Sean Boyle

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Why can't I change Network Type on my Lumia 1520 to manual in Field Test Mode?

If you have a Lumia 1520 in Canada and you want to run it Wind, then you probably have heard of this trick. This trick enables the 1700mhz band 4 for HSPA+ for use on carriers including T-Mobile in the US and Wind/Mobilicity in Canada.

The steps are as follows:

Step 1: Go to the dialer and dial ##3282# (no need to press send, the final "#" will automatically take you to the next step. Picture is edited to represent what needs to be input)

Step 2: Accept the disclaimer and enter Field Test

Step 3: Click on the ellipse on the lower right to bring up the Settings link

Step 4: Change Network Type from Automatic to Manual. You should now see a
"Supported Bands" list populate reporting "13/14 bands active"

Step 5: Enter the band sector and scroll down to "B4-WCDMA US 1700" and click the check mark. Make sure to then hit the check mark at the bottom to save the settings.

Step 6: Make Sure that Supported Bands now reads "all bands active"

My issue is when I get to step 4, there is no option to change to manual! Only Automatic, 2G, 3G, and 4G. With or without the SIM card inserted - no option. I have also tried putting in a SIM card from another carrier, the option still isn't there.

Phone information:
AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 16GB (SIM Unlocked)
OS version
Firmware revision #

I need the phone to work on Wind! Any idea why I can't get that manual option?

Sean Boyle

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I made a new post (this one) because I feel like my old one's title was attracting the wrong (or no) viewers, and I couldn't not see the option to edit the title or remove the thread. - Sorry mods for a nearly duplicate post.

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sean,

I merged your threads and left the title you prefer. You had 102 views on the old thread + 25 on the new. You also have several posts on this issue in the original How To: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...wind-mobilicity-aws1700mhz-hspa-band-4-a.html

I don't think it is a case of users interested in the activation of AWS 1700 on an RM-940 not seeing your posts/threads so much as them not having anything to add at this time. I'm sorry, but I don't have an idea either other than a trip to LSRT and then retrying...

Sean Boyle

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Sean,

I merged your threads and left the title you prefer. You had 102 views on the old thread + 25 on the new. You also have several posts on this issue in the original How To:

I don't think it is a case of users interested in the activation of AWS 1700 on an RM-940 not seeing your posts/threads so much as them not having anything to add at this time. I'm sorry, but I don't have an idea either other than a trip to LSRT and then retrying...

Thanks for merging the threads. Yeah unfortunately I think you are correct about people not having anything to add towards a solution. I'll try resetting the phone with WSRT and posting results.

sadude69

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, the same thing happened to me when I used a non-active SIM however once I actually put my post paid SIM in the phone I was able to get the options. What software are you on? For me it worked on DENIM.

I enabled the band for Tmobile in the USA (chicago area)

Sean Boyle

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi, the same thing happened to me when I used a non-active SIM however once I actually put my post paid SIM in the phone I was able to get the options. What software are you on? For me it worked on DENIM.

I enabled the band for Tmobile in the USA (chicago area)
when I first tried it there was no sim card in and then I tried a wind SIM card that was activated but no luck. I also tried an active rogers sim but still no option, I tried it on cyan and then updated and tried it on denim. Still nothing. I don't know if this matters but when the option presented itself for you did you insert the SIM while still in the field test mode? Or did you power down and restart in between.

jege41

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why can't I change Network Type on my Lumia 1520 to manual in Field Test Mode?

If you have a Lumia 1520 in Canada and you want to run it Wind, then you probably have heard of this trick. This trick enables the 1700mhz band 4 for HSPA+ for use on carriers including T-Mobile in the US and Wind/Mobilicity in Canada.

The steps are as follows:

Step 1: Go to the dialer and dial ##3282# (no need to press send, the final "#" will automatically take you to the next step. Picture is edited to represent what needs to be input)

Step 2: Accept the disclaimer and enter Field Test

Step 3: Click on the ellipse on the lower right to bring up the Settings link

Step 4: Change Network Type from Automatic to Manual. You should now see a
"Supported Bands" list populate reporting "13/14 bands active"

Step 5: Enter the band sector and scroll down to "B4-WCDMA US 1700" and click the check mark. Make sure to then hit the check mark at the bottom to save the settings.

Step 6: Make Sure that Supported Bands now reads "all bands active"

My issue is when I get to step 4, there is no option to change to manual! Only Automatic, 2G, 3G, and 4G. With or without the SIM card inserted - no option. I have also tried putting in a SIM card from another carrier, the option still isn't there.

Phone information:
AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 16GB (SIM Unlocked)
OS version
Firmware revision #

I need the phone to work on Wind! Any idea why I can't get that manual option?

I'm considering going over to Wind in the new year so this thread may be of some value to me in the future.
Have you resolved your problem yet?
You mentioned that T-Mobile also runs on the 1700mhz band 4 for HSPA+ so I was wondering if when I'm down across the line next time a stop in at a T-Mobile shop might be in order.
I'll keep you posted and hopefully have an answer in a week or two.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss