Inconsistent notification layouts

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm noticing that the layout for Skype, Facebook messenger, WhatsApp and some other all look different!
Skype has names and messages on separated lines, WhatsApp has them on one line with a ' : ' inbetween, Facebook messenger has the same but without a space after the name.

I hope they get this streamlined for all apps!

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That's different company strategy.
Some company like to write UI for different platform, while some company like to have same UI for different platform.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
To be honest I'm a little dissapointed by the way notifications look in the bar. Whats app notifications looked sluggish and even when I used to click on notification, a part of notification used to keep there. It could have been more polished. Also the live tile counter remains the same sometimes when you open notification.

Winphoner

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think this has a little to do with the fact the apps are not all updated to take advantage of the various features of the notification API correctly. For example, with SMS notifications, i can quickly glean the content of the message from the notification. For Whatsapp, I can barely tell who and what group. The message itself is almost completely hidden. Additionally, even if I launch whatsapp from the notification, it doesn't seem to clear the NC list. I think once devs update their apps to 8.1, this will all get fixed up in short order (or at least I hope!).

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well to be honest, Skype itself is lacking along with whatsapp (just look at the amount features the beta has and the amount of updates we now get is non-existent). Going back to skype, I don't get any group notifications but get single chat notifications??
I am hoping the new skype update will finally address the issues plaguing the app.

Also as winphoner said as the developers update their apps this should sort it self out. However this is the sticking point.. is that know no one knows when their favourite app will be updated unless the developer announces an upcoming update themselves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes