Battery Improvements In 8.1

JOHN Smith88

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
For those who upgraded your 1020 to 8.1 , have you guys seen battery life improve after the 8.1 update or no. ATT removed data sense in 1020 did the 8.1 dev preview has this included again ??

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Battery is a combination of firmware and OS. Right now I would say it's not that great with the preview on my phone (L920) and the charging is taking forever. Could have another reason though. With the preview you will get data sense but at the official release you could lose it.

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
The battery life has gotten worse. I think it might be because of apps not updated to work on 8.1 or might be the build itself. But I think the battery life would be less compared to 8 because, now you have notifications (lights up the display), cortana, geo fencing etc which do use battery. Data sense is present in this build.

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
First I thought it was worst, but after checking all the settings that change (for example, sync settings for Gmail that switch from 2h to automatically) it feels the same. Need some more day to be accurate, since with the update I often use it "just to see" xD
About charging, no change. First I saw a great improvement (from 30%/h to 40%/h with a very old samsung charger) but now it came back as usually.

I do not use Cortana since not in the US and was not convinced when I tried it for fun. Fun, but finally useless for me and battery killer.

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The first day of the preview my battery on my 1020 was bad. Then the battery improved from 6 hours to 16 hours. I'll let you know about today, the third day with battery life. I'm a medium usage user.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This is not optimized for you device. Battery will be optimized with the Nokia update firmware made specifically for your device.

sban85

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
actually, this is day 3 since the upgrade and my idle battery life actually has vastly improved. I have a few major background tasks, incl cortana, active and I charged my lumia 1020 to full capacity before i went to bed and unplugged it. 11pm - 7am batt life was still 100%, its 11am now, batt life is at 86% (still shows over 1 day charge left) and i have been using IM+, texts, few emails, and IE (light - moderate use). I think people should give it sometime before hitting the panic switch. Also, the experience varies if someone constantly keeps checking battery usage and playing with new features and not realizing the drain that unintended activity is causing.

madio15

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I found that more apps ran in the background on default after installing preview. Background settings is now located in battery sense through the individual apps. Overall battery life seems fine considering software additions. Also my Lumia 925 appears to work faster now.

sban85

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
:update: its 3PM and after moderate to heavy use (also ****ty at&t LTE reception in the area) I am down to 25% ... so approximately 16 hours on a charge, I am expecting this to change as updates keep rolling in

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
After 7 hours of light use, I have 84% battery left. My battery had improved alot since the first day of the update. It's actually better than before. I'm very pleased with 8.1!

dsmpampis

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
The battery life after 3 days on 8.1 is better than the 8.0 and i think it charges faster than before....

Tapatalked with my Nexus5(aka the Hammerhead)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss