Time zone keeps defaulting incorrectly after upgrade.. Why?!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So I discovered that the reason my linked accounts (MS, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) were stuck in constant sync, causing severe battery drain were due to my time zone being incorrect. I have always had the date and time set to automatic. I live in Toronto, Canada by the way where our time zone here is Eastern Standard.

When I disabled the automatic time it showed that my 1520 had defaulted to the Cuiaba time zone. Which after a quick Googling I found out is in Brazil. Interesting..

So if I flip the switch back to automatic I'm back on the Cuiaba time zone again. I have to keep it on manual now. And after a soft reset last night my date and time were completely wrong so I had to manually reset my date again.

This is slightly annoying and I can't figure out why the phone thinks I'm in Brazil. Any ideas anyone? Not to keen on having to manually adjust my date and time after every soft reset.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I am in NY, where the timezone is also Eastern Standard. But Windows Phone is choosing the same timezone for me as for you; Cuiaba. I also have location services on. The time itself is correct however so I really haven't bothered to change it. Maybe it has to do with daylight savings time or perhaps they are only checking the lattitude?

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue, I am in EST (EDT nowadays), but it automatically selects Cuiaba, though the time is correct. I think the problem lies due to the fact that we are observing daylight savings and that's why it goes to UTC -04:00 instead of UTC -05:00. Microsoft should correct this. Don't know if the same is happening with the phones that have WP8.1 preinstalled (I guess, they are not in EST anyway).

For the time being I disabled the auto update and selected the EST manually.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I am also in Toronto with the 1520.3 phone. Mine is fine. I am on Bell and everything is set to automatic. I wonder if this might have something to do with your carrier. For the 2 users with the issues which carrier are you on?

CowardlyLions

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm in Virginia with an 8xt and have the same issue. The phone will actually have the correct time displayed, but still thinks I'm in Cuba, or wherever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2