How to get back to windows phone 8 from windows phone 8.1 ? Need help ASAP.
    04-17-2014 09:44 AM
    not possible. Only with a nokia phone
    04-17-2014 09:45 AM
    is there no method to do it ?
    04-17-2014 09:51 AM
    If you have a lumia use NCS to flash an older firmware (which you can get from NaviFirmPlus).

If you have a samsung, htc, or some other brand.....i think youre stuck with 8.1 now
    04-17-2014 10:29 AM
    Lumia devices can use Nokia Care Suite and/or Nokia Software Recovery Tool to restore their devices by flashing with older firmware. Any other OEM, and you're out of luck.

Care to share why you want to revert? I'd recommend trying to solve and/or workaround whatever problem with 8.1 is ailing you, because it does carry countless benefits over WP8.
    04-17-2014 10:37 AM
    Is it like WP 8.1 takes more ram. I am lumia 720 and I use to play Asphalt airborne on wp8 without any shaky experience. but as soon as i have updated to wp 8.1 the game starts hanging and even sound(game music) hangs too a lot. i have also tried moving game to phone and SD card vice versa but in vain. any suggestions
    LTTG likes this.
    04-19-2014 04:40 AM
    Make sure u have class 6 or class 10 ssd card...try a hard reset...it should slove your bugs...

sent from Lumia 1020 or Note 3 dual sim
    Apurv Patani likes this.
    04-19-2014 05:11 AM
    +1 for fast SD card
    +1 for recommended by manufacturer only
    +1 for reset phone
    04-19-2014 07:10 AM
    Apparently whatever instructions for the developer preview you read, it didn't say that you can't revert back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    04-19-2014 09:29 AM
    Is it like WP 8.1 takes more ram. I am lumia 720 and I use to play Asphalt airborne on wp8 without any shaky experience. but as soon as i have updated to wp 8.1 the game starts hanging and even sound(game music) hangs too a lot. i have also tried moving game to phone and SD card vice versa but in vain. any suggestions
    Do keep in mind that memory in 8.1 now works more dynamically, meaning its memory allocation and performance will improve with time. However, a hard reset wouldn't hurt, so long as you're willing to sacrifice your data.
    04-23-2014 06:27 PM
    Apparently whatever instructions for the developer preview you read, it didn't say that you can't revert back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Lumia devices can, thanks to Nokia Care Suite and/or Nokia Software Recovery Tool.
    04-23-2014 06:27 PM
    i cant take it the sounds of my phone has hanged here are the symptoms
    1) and program that has sound(mostly have) has crashed when it start up
    2) the volume menu on the top cant be adjusted (no response)
    3) the only way to fix this is to hard reset every 4 hours
    i try zeroing in on the problem by not downloading cortana and not having the app updates download but all that failed when your music app wont open it keeps on crashing. i tried hard resetting 3 times and all the same problem. plss help i cant call or receive calls and i cant go on youtube.
    thegooner likes this.
    05-12-2014 09:54 PM
    i cant take it the sounds of my phone has hanged here are the symptoms
    1) and program that has sound(mostly have) has crashed when it start up
    2) the volume menu on the top cant be adjusted (no response)
    3) the only way to fix this is to hard reset every 4 hours
    i try zeroing in on the problem by not downloading cortana and not having the app updates download but all that failed when your music app wont open it keeps on crashing. i tried hard resetting 3 times and all the same problem. plss help i cant call or receive calls and i cant go on youtube.
    Hi,

I can really sympathise with this, as I had to hard reset my phone twice to overcome the issue. What lead to the issues in my case seemed to be:

(a) Updated to WP 8.1 developer preview
    (b) Quite happily using all the new features, paired the phone with my car's bluetooth kit and with a separate bluetooth speaker
    (c) got some Bluetooth headphones (VicTsing model) for use during running/gym session, and paired them - and the first time I tried to launch Xbox Music after pairing with the headphones, it crashed without even opening up. This was repeatable - it would no longer open, it would crash instead. I then tried Nokia MixRadio, which would launch, but not actually play any songs - it would simply skip through them all one after one without any music being played. I then noticed I could not amend the volume.
    (d) at this point I realised I could no longer make a call - the call seemed to be initiated but for some reason the "speaker" icon was automatically highlighted. However, it was not possible to actually connect/speak to the other party. Nor were any calls receivable.
    (e) I soft reset the phone. Everything seemed to work fine (including Bluetooth wireless speaker). I paired the Bluetooth headset - again the issues occurred as described above.
    (f) I hard reset the phone, and paired with the Bluetooth headset again. Same problems. Seemed to be specifically related to the headset, somehow, it must have messed with my 920's Bluetooth/Audio software.

So - I have returned the headset to the supplier - and hard reset again, this time restoring settings (which took a long time, but has otherwise been successful).

Regards,

TheGooner
    Hackashaq likes this.
    05-13-2014 03:29 PM
    what is ncs and how to use it
    05-21-2014 05:26 AM
    You will have to wait for official Cyan update with new video drivers. Then gaming will be as it has been before on WP8. We just need some more patience, phew
    05-21-2014 07:48 AM
    Did NO ONE read the part about NOT being able to go back ?

I can't play my games after d/l 8.1, how to go back
    How to get back to windows phone 8 from windows phone 8.1 ? Need help ASAP.
    - RTFM (read the Fing manual), BEFORE you embark on the journey.
    Sounds suspiciously like an ID ten T error !

Sorry for the rant, but the sniveling babies are grinding my last nerve. If this was my only means of mobile communication, I might have exercised some patience & waited. If I had a Lumia 720 & had to play my (memory intensive) game, I would've held off on updating to what amounts to a Final BETA (w/o firmware). If you don't know what you're getting into, DON'T DO IT. And learn to communicate, effectively. Chalk this up to lessons learned & wait (patiently) for the Official Update.

peace,
    05-23-2014 09:11 PM
    I have Windows 8.1 Rt how do I download Nokia Suite?
    06-13-2014 11:53 AM
    I have Windows 8.1 Rt how do I download Nokia Suite?
    You'll need to find a Windows PC to use nokia suite.
    BilalSoomro17 likes this.
    06-13-2014 01:10 PM
    06-13-2014 02:11 PM
    Is it possible to rollback from windows phone 8.1 t windows phone 8?
    currently i am using nokia Lumia 1320. Planning to do an updates of 8.1 once it's released officially.

Kindly suggest...........
    06-19-2014 05:49 AM
    Is it possible to rollback from windows phone 8.1 t windows phone 8?
    currently i am using nokia Lumia 1320. Planning to do an updates of 8.1 once it's released officially.

Kindly suggest...........
    Yes you can downgrade Back to Windows Phone 8
    06-19-2014 02:34 PM
    How do you revert back on Nokia Care?
    08-21-2014 07:20 PM
    8.1 has killed internet sharing on the Nokia 520 on AT&T's network
    08-29-2014 11:41 AM