People, before asking "I want my *** app back" think about it twice...

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I know that a lot of people want the old pictures or music app back, but really, it is better now than before:

In the past, the "system apps" (pictures, calendar, music, etc) were not "upgradeable", it need a system update (GDR, for example), and it is the wrong way because we need to wait until a the next system update.

Now, with Windows Phone 8.1, that apps are upgradeables from the Store, like in Windows 8.1, and it is the best way, because any system app can be upgradeable for bug fixes and new features.

If you are requesting that old apps, then you want the old way.

And remember, that apps (not the system) are beta/not finished versions.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy with these changes, but need improvements on Video, Music and others. I know its "beta" OS, so i'm not too worry right now.

Music app will get an upgrade the next week, calendar app was updated. The OS is not beta, but the apps are beta (I don't know if all of them).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I see your point, as a moduar type of OS on this aspect. Interesting and good that they could be updated on the fly like that. With that being said, they could keep the combined application as before and could still have this type of update process.

It's a good move forward BUT, it is a beta and these new apps are not finished, so at one point it should be better.

Still on the fence on it myself, Now I need a app for each task, Music, Video, Podcasts... I see the advange to it, if you dont want it and your a music buff mainly, sure but, I kind of liked it as a "media hub" type thing and now that is gone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte