Windows 8 Phone App?

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Before upgrading to 8.1, When I connected my phone to my computer, the Windows Phone App launched and I was able to see what was on my phone and add photos, music, etc. THere was also a link to the store and to windowsphone.com for find my phone, etc.

Now when I plug the phone in and the App launches, I have no way to get into the phone to add/remove files, etc. The store and windowsphone.com sections are still there.

I can use Explorer for adding/removing etc., but the I got used to using the app.

Anyone else have this issue?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I just checked with my 928 running 8.1 on two separate PC's with the Windows Pone App and they saw it and let me navigate just fine.

When was the last time you did a complete shutdown and restart of the phone?

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I just checked with my 928 running 8.1 on two separate PC's with the Windows Pone App and they saw it and let me navigate just fine.

When was the last time you did a complete shutdown and restart of the phone?

Yesterday. I've done a couple soft resets and even a hard reset to try and fix this.

Next step is uninstalling and reinstalling the computer app I guess...

ETA: That didn't work either. While the app is loading I get a quick glimpse of the "What's on your phone" section, but when the app loads I get just the Store and URL options.

Right click doesn't bring up anything anymore either.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but how's the USB cable you are using? What about the USB port on the phone itself? Have you tried swapping out cables?

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Same cable I've used for the past couple months...My son has the other one in the house, and uses it during the day at school. I can try swapping when he gets home.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Annnnnd.....Swapping to a different USB cord didn't do a thing. Still missing the entire "On Your Phone" Section of the Windows 8 Phone App.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6