How-To: WP8.1 Upload to onedrive WITH autoupload turned off

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I have noticed a lot of people have been asking how to upload photos to OneDrive with the Autoupload feature turned off. Well below is a guide on how to do this easily :) And this process works for any type of file you have on the phone, but my guide uses photos :)

So first step - Create a Room. I called mine OneDrive but you can call yours whatever you want.

People - Rooms - Tap the plus sign at the bottom of the screen.
wp_ss_20140419_0004.png
wp_ss_20140419_0005.png

Next, go to OneDrive either on your computer, phone browser or via the OneDrive app and you will see a new folder has been created with the name of the room, shown below:
wp_ss_20140419_0006.png

Next, go to your photo hub and select a photo you want to upload. The process for this is as normal so:
Select photo
Tap Share
You will now see an option that says Upload to <name of your room>(mine is called OneDrive so it actually looks the same as before preview)
wp_ss_20140419_0007.png

The next screen as shown below, just select the option at the bottom for upload and it will go to the room and overall OneDrive :)
wp_ss_20140419_0008.png

Next, all you need to do is go into OneDrive and Into your rooms folder and you will see your recently uploaded photo/file :D

Hope that helps everyone
Regards
Colin

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Colin for sharing this trick. I was having a hard time uploading some screenshots on my device. I don't get the point why they removed such a nice handy feature (upload to onedrive ) wasn't that hard for Microsoft to implement in photos hub. I will see if they add this in final build or I will stick with your idea :wink:

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Colin for sharing this trick. I was having a hard time uploading some screenshots on my device. I don't get the point why they removed such a nice handy feature (upload to onedrive ) wasn't that hard for Microsoft to implement in photos hub. I will see if they add this in final build or I will stick with your idea :wink:

It is because the "Share" option, it is intended for apps that can share pictures, but the OneDrive, in the current version, have not implemented the Share option. It is supposed that a new version (before the WP8.1 launch) will be available in the Store.

Javadevil

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi I've figure out how to upload photos to onedrive.
The thing is I can no longer upload multiply photos at once.
Previously I could select multiple photos in the photo gallery and select onedrive as the destination.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi I've figure out how to upload photos to onedrive.
The thing is I can no longer upload multiply photos at once.
Previously I could select multiple photos in the photo gallery and select onedrive as the destination.

With this method you can upload as many as you want :)

Final build 8.1 will address these issues im sure, it is only a preview after all. :)

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Could just use the OneDrive app? Its limited to one photo at a time though. I'm just assuming they'll have this fixed later on.

Fahad Mehmood

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
why dont microsoft just bring the option of saving to Onedrive...... this is sharing to onedrive in you rooms.... i dont need this... hell with MICROSOFT... they are degrading the OS instead of UPGRADING

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
why dont microsoft just bring the option of saving to Onedrive...... this is sharing to onedrive in you rooms.... i dont need this... hell with MICROSOFT... they are degrading the OS instead of UPGRADING

Don't forget this is a preview so you have to expect reduced functionality. You never know, the OneDrive app and overall functionality might be improved in final build and this is the only way they can do it, reduce the function for the preview.

And you can use the OneDrive app if you wish yeah, just this way can trick the mind in thinking the functionality is back if you name your room OneDrive lol

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
You can simply Upload photos by using the onedrive app?! Just open it, press the +sign and select the file you want to upload. Only breakdown is that you can select just one file at once.

Update: sry just saw that this was mentioned already, didnt' see it during scanning the replies.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand this post. When I go to the photos app, I can select one or multiple photos and tap the share symbol and select OneDrive. The OneDrive app opens and then it allows me to select what folder I want. I select the folder and then tap the check mark symbol...all selected photos upload to OneDrive. I don't have to create a Room.

I can do the same process for videos, except that it appears you can only do one video at a time.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand this post. When I go to the photos app, I can select one or multiple photos and tap the share symbol and select OneDrive. The OneDrive app opens and then it allows me to select what folder I want. I select the folder and then tap the check mark symbol...all selected photos upload to OneDrive. I don't have to create a Room.

I can do the same process for videos, except that it appears you can only do one video at a time.

Yes, you can but this trick was needed before the OneDrive app was updated.

matro

Mar 5, 2002
Visit site

so do you confirm that it works for video? can you pls try with a 3:00 video? to me it crashes all the time.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Uploaded a 3:25 video 1080p resolution about 500mb. Tapped video, tapped share and selected OneDrive. Video uploaded. I walked away and then 20 minutes later opened OneDrive and it was there. No crash of the photo app.

matro

Mar 5, 2002
Visit site
Uploaded a 3:25 video 1080p resolution about 500mb. Tapped video, tapped share and selected OneDrive. Video uploaded. I walked away and then 20 minutes later opened OneDrive and it was there. No crash of the photo app.
was the OneDrive app open saying "uploading file" the whole time during the upload?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro