Project Screen Over Usb - Audio Help

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've finally managed to get my project your screen working in Windows Phone 8.1 using USB. However, my problem is I can't get any audio through to the desktop from it, which I need for my usage case of it (Twitch streaming of WP games, of which certain games NEED the audio to work for the stream to work). Does anyone know how to get this working on my Nokia Lumia 920? Unfortunately I cannot get myself a new smartphone to take advantage of Miracast (costs of phones and all that). I tried using the headphone port to PC but line-in seems to be gaining no audio, and the microphone port in the PC is grainy as all heck. Not suitable for broadcasting.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Daniel

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, the project screen app currently only displays the screen and it does not transfer audio..

Do you know if there will be a way to stream the audio across as well? I don't mind waiting, but I'm not gonna be buying a new phone just for this. Besides, even if I did buy a new phone I would still have to use USB anyway (my desktop has no Miracast receiver).

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Connect a cable from your phone to the audio-in on your computer and you can capture the audio.

Sent from my RM-820_lta_lta1_272 using Tapatalk

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Connect a cable from your phone to the audio-in on your computer and you can capture the audio.

Sent from my RM-820_lta_lta1_272 using Tapatalk

Thank you, that works fairly well as an interim solution. Had a faff around with the settings and was able to get it working. THANK YOU! Hopefully we'll get support of audio over USB soon though. Having to do it this way is a faff and a pain in the backside. And it still gives some background noise over the audio cable :(

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, that works fairly well as an interim solution. Had a faff around with the settings and was able to get it working. THANK YOU! Hopefully we'll get support of audio over USB soon though. Having to do it this way is a faff and a pain in the backside. And it still gives some background noise over the audio cable :(
Where do I connect the cable from on the phone and to what port on the pc? And also, what app do u use to capture/record after projecting screen?

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Where do I connect the cable from on the phone and to what port on the pc? And also, what app do u use to capture/record after projecting screen?

Your computer should have an audio in, or mic jack next to the audio jack.

As far as recording apps some other people might have better recommendations than me. back when I used to record my screen I would use fraps but this was years ago. I don't know if there are better solutions available now.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Your computer should have an audio in, or mic jack next to the audio jack.

As far as recording apps some other people might have better recommendations than me. back when I used to record my screen I would use fraps but this was years ago. I don't know if there are better solutions available now.

Great! Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon