Anything I should know before installing preview WP8.1?

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
You should know that this is unfinished software not intended for your specific phone and as a result there are many missing/incomplete features and various hardware instabilities between different makes and models of phones.

I am happy with the actual 8.1 improvements, but am overall extremely dissatisfied with usability and personally wish I never updated (i.e. Wi-Fi is now broken for most people who have the same model phone [HTC 8XT] as me and living in a poor service area essentially means my phone is a paperweight)

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I must be the lucky one, I have yet to run into any serious bugs/problems. Just a bit laggy at certain times. But it was way worse on the WP8 for me anyways. It seems really fluid, fast, cortana is just AMAZING for being a beta. I am a bit bothered by the lack of work in the Music and Games hub. But as long as I am able to play music im fine until there bi weekly updates, One drive I really don't use. So don't really care for it. I use bit torrent to sync pics to my computer. I haven't had any battery problems probably because I always have mine on low brightness. All in all I give this update an 8 out of 10. :) Mind you this is only a preview. An impressive one at that. just wait till you meet the finished product.
=AV2RY;2495477]You'll lose and miss IMO alot from 8.0. All hubs are messed up, OneDrive isn't working (have to upload directly from app and only ONE picture at a time- I actually had to do hard reset even to enable this) Battery problems, and recently WhatsApp is messing up with everybody (no or delayed notification)

Only things I'm happy with on 8.1 are notification center and extra tiles on start screen

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Updated to Windows Phone 8.1 and at first there were no issues but now I've started to encounter some. It started our where my Wifi simply wouldn't connect it would say "Wifi is unavailable" so I performed a soft reset and Wifi was fixed again. However now the Camera app wouldn't open it would just sit on a black screen, so now I'm just going to perform a hard reset and start everything fresh.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I must be the lucky one, I have yet to run into any serious bugs/problems. Just a bit laggy at certain times. But it was way worse on the WP8 for me anyways. It seems really fluid, fast, cortana is just AMAZING for being a beta. I am a bit bothered by the lack of work in the Music and Games hub. But as long as I am able to play music im fine until there bi weekly updates, One drive I really don't use. So don't really care for it. I use bit torrent to sync pics to my computer. I haven't had any battery problems probably because I always have mine on low brightness. All in all I give this update an 8 out of 10. :) Mind you this is only a preview. An impressive one at that. just wait till you meet the finished product.
I think there is more that a few of us that are happy. :smile: I'm liking it a lot so far and haven't had any real issues. I was prepared to do a hard reset but haven't felt the need to so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes