Been running 8.1 on my Lumia 920 since release and it has been functioning ok, minus the same bugs everyone else has been getting. However a couple of days ago the screen locked up and I had to soft reset to get it to work again.

Same thing happened yesterday but it needed a few soft resets to work. Now today it just kept locking up and not responding to any touch. Hard buttons worked fine and screen was updating with new texts/emails etc.

I tried the Nokia recovery software to revert back to stock Windows Phone 8 but the screen is now not responding at all....

The phone is only 5 months old so still under warranty, but now that I've restored it to accepted Nokia standards, do you think they will know I had 8.1 on it?
    04-27-2014 04:05 PM
    I keep having the same problem with the unresponsive touch screen. It sometimes gets really annoying. At some point I sometimes think to go back to 8.0. I have some days that the phone is working perfect and some days I get the unresponsive screen.
    04-27-2014 04:21 PM
    Same problem here. Rogers Lumia 920. Soft reset is fixing it every time but it's annoying. I think a firmware update is needed from Nokia.

Have you tried a hard reset from the phone? I assume you already have a backup if needed?

1) Power off phone.

2) Have your charger ready and plugged into an electrical outlet but do not plug it into the device yet.

3) While holding the Volume Down button, plug the charger into the mobile device. Continue holding the Volume Down button until you see an exclamation point on the screen and then release the Volume Down button.

4) Press the following buttons in sequence: Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down.

5) The phone will reboot and perform a hard reset. This can take 10-20 minutes.
    04-27-2014 09:25 PM
    I have the same problem....
    10-07-2014 01:57 AM
    having same problem. screen freeze quite often daily basis
    10-23-2014 04:25 AM
    It happened the same on my 720, I try it everything (recovery, etc) so finally I took it to a Nokia Center. The guy there said it was something wrong with the screen, so they change it. It seems that it have nothing to do with the software.
    I also have the preview, but I went back to the 8.1 with cyan, just in case... they gave me no problem.
    and now the phone it's like new ^^
    10-23-2014 05:19 AM