Chat Room messages sent back to me!

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi gals and guys,

For those of you that use Chat Rooms, anyone having an issue as follows?

I send a message to my wife, she receives it, and I receive the same message from my email address. Pretty annoying. Every message I send, I receive right back.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
The Chat Room in the People's Hub (Messenger).

What I discovered today is the following: if I keep sending messages back and forth, nothing will be sent to me. But as soon as I send a message and my wife doesn't read it for a while (5 minutes?), when she reads it, I get SMS notifications and I get all the messages I sent already sent to back to me (coming from my email address).

I know I might be confusing with my description, but it really is confusing :(

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The Chat Room in the People's Hub (Messenger).

What I discovered today is the following: if I keep sending messages back and forth, nothing will be sent to me. But as soon as I send a message and my wife doesn't read it for a while (5 minutes?), when she reads it, I get SMS notifications and I get all the messages I sent already sent to back to me (coming from my email address).

I know I might be confusing with my description, but it really is confusing :(

Ok. I have no idea what that is, since I only use regular SMS/MMS, not any People Hub chat. However, I don't know anyone who is a contact and uses a Windows Phone.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I have no idea what that is, since I only use regular SMS/MMS, not any People Hub chat. However, I don't know anyone who is a contact and uses a Windows Phone.

Thanks Laura. I did already open a forum support ticket on MS website and got an initial response (nothing promising). I thought there would someone here with the same issue of more experience with the chat room. Very nice feature if you have other close friends who have a WP8/8.1.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Laura. I did already open a forum support ticket on MS website and got an initial response (nothing promising). I thought there would someone here with the same issue of more experience with the chat room. Very nice feature if you have other close friends who have a WP8/8.1.
I've only used SMS/MMS, WhatsApp or Skype. I haven't experienced any issues, but I haven't used the chat rooms you are talking about.

I have used Skype chat (the replacement of MSN Messenger) with people who have Windows Phones, and I haven't received copies of my messages. However, I've never used the People app that you are referring to. I don't even have the People app pinned to my start screen.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Just in case someone has the same issues, I thought to post the troubleshooting results, reasons, and solutions.

I think the issue was from the fact that I changed my primary alias on my Microsoft account. It was a Hotmail account, and added an new Outlook alias, and make it primary. I guess messenger was still seeing the sent messages as being sent from the Outlook account to the Hotmail account.

The solution came by luck, I had to hard reset my phone and I only used the Outlook account in my configuration and duplication never happened again.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just in case someone has the same issues, I thought to post the troubleshooting results, reasons, and solutions.

I think the issue was from the fact that I changed my primary alias on my Microsoft account. It was a Hotmail account, and added an new Outlook alias, and make it primary. I guess messenger was still seeing the sent messages as being sent from the Outlook account to the Hotmail account.

The solution came by luck, I had to hard reset my phone and I only used the Outlook account in my configuration and duplication never happened again.

I'm glad you got it sorted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon