Ringer + Notifications with Headphones

Malcolm Clement

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 1020 with WP8.1 preview. I just noticed that even when I have headphones plugged in, ringer+notification sounds still play through the phone speaker and not through headphones. Both volumes are independently around the middle of the range for each.

Anyone else experiencing this? I would expect the ringer+notification sounds to play through the headphones when headphones are plugged in, not through the phone speaker... dumb MS

Last edited:

yehuda92

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I seem to be getting this issue as well, it seems to randomly choose to play through the speaker instead of my headphones...

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
This was the case with WP8 too and I don't find anything wrong with it. If I'm away from the phone but have the earphones plugged in it, I would still expect to get notification sounds so that's why they come through the speaker as well.

stoickiwi

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem and found a solution for anyone concerned.
When your headphones are plugged in, press the volume key, and click the drop-down volume bar.
Then just click "Ringer On" and it will stop the notification sound from coming though.
Hope this helps!

orenji88

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem and found a solution for anyone concerned.
When your headphones are plugged in, press the volume key, and click the drop-down volume bar.
Then just click "Ringer On" and it will stop the notification sound from coming though.
Hope this helps!

so, if there's any incoming calls/texts, we can't hear anything? this is not the solution if it is so.
Is there any solution to 'divert' those notification sound through my headset instead of speaker?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon