DP 8.1 update question

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps its my lack of experience with WP8.1 or the developer program.

We've been on the developer preview for almost a month, will MS push thorugh a new build, or send though some updates? There does seem to be some bugs so am I correct in assuming this not the gold master that is being sent to the carriers.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps its my lack of experience with WP8.1 or the developer program.

We've been on the developer preview for almost a month, will MS push thorugh a new build, or send though some updates? There does seem to be some bugs so am I correct in assuming this not the gold master that is being sent to the carriers.

Whenever the official update is released by carriers you can update to it. It will come like any other update.

ArthJar

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, there will be more updates, as Belfiore stated this is not the final version.
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Belfiore actually said

when UPDATES go out to existing phones they will come with "BSP" (low-level phone firmware) updates from the OEMs...and the Services (cortana) are continuallyl getting improved. SO.. when you get an official update or buy a new phone, it'll be more polished than what you folks have now.

joebelfiore comments on Hi, I'm Joe Belfiore from the Windows Phone Team.. AMA!

Which means when the OEMs release their updates, we'll all get the latest update to WP8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon