I got to school the AT&T guy!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
YES, it is kinda large, for about a week, then it seems normal & other phones are just small.

The camera, the 6" surfing experience, the brilliant display, the fluid OS - did I mention the camera. Phones are going bigger, it's the current trend w smartphones. I actually use mine as (gasp) a phone - the earpiece & mic line up.

I keep it in a ribbed case (slippery bugger - adds some grip - NOT the silicone hybrid = fugly) & put it in my jeans back pocket, sometimes I wear the holster (@ work) the case came with. It just works, for me.

Remember, NO perfect phone, just perfect for you.

I have heard from a ton of users on here that you get used to the size (Old Cuss has been selling me on it since launch day!!), and used to it quick. I believe it. But, I have been setting up my wife's LG Flex with it's 6" screen, and I think I will give it some time. The 1520 will be around, I can be sure.

Everything else about that monster is awe inspiring. I just get hypnotized by that screen.

Somehow, it seems we have derailed this fun little thread.....

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
YES, it is kinda large, for about a week, then it seems normal & other phones are just small.

The camera, the 6" surfing experience, the brilliant display, the fluid OS - did I mention the camera. Phones are going bigger, it's the current trend w smartphones. I actually use mine as (gasp) a phone - the earpiece & mic line up.

I keep it in a ribbed case (slippery bugger - adds some grip - NOT the silicone hybrid = fugly) & put it in my jeans back pocket, sometimes I wear the holster (@ work) the case came with. It just works, for me.

Remember, NO perfect phone, just perfect for you.

I like to carry my phone in the left front pocket. I'm not going to put a phone in my back pocket, where it could be easily pickpocketed or sat on and broken.

I'm also not going to use a holster.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I like to carry my phone in the left front pocket. I'm not going to put a phone in my back pocket, where it could be easily pickpocketed or sat on and broken.

I'm also not going to use a holster.

I would never put my phone in my back pocket. Not only does it feel uncomfortable, but I'm afraid I'll break it. My wallet goes in my back pocket. And holsters are so early 2000s ;) hahah

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Amen, Laura. I loved the L1520. But...but.... I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but it is a kinda stinking large phone.

Bring on that L930. I will race you to see you uses their upgrade first.

I have started thinking that the 930 for me is out of the running. I have played with the 1520 and like the size of the screen my hands are average size and I love the 920 but a want a larger screen and I want an sd card slot and unless a newer generation windows phone 8.1 is released or announced I'll be looking to the 1520 or the note 4 or the rumored iphone 6 with a 5.5 inch screen. I'm planning on staying with WP 8.1 unless the note 4 wows me or the iphone 6 does the same NBot holding my breath or either of those possibilities.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I would never put my phone in my back pocket. Not only does it feel uncomfortable, but I'm afraid I'll break it. My wallet goes in my back pocket. And holsters are so early 2000s ;) hahah

That's me, early 2000s - seriously, don't carry a purse (or a murse), so need something - it works & easily accessible.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I always thought the 1520 would be too big but I've been using it for a month now. It's a little wide to hold with one hand and depending on the pants I'm wearing it sometimes sticks out of my pocket a little. I put it in my left front pocket as well and keep it in a pouch. The screen size has helped a lot with web browsing and remote desktop is actually usable. I would consider going slightly smaller, maybe a 5.5" inch next time if it is available but my old 920 feels way too small now.
As far at AT&T stores go, I've been to a few in my area, alone, and with others; never experienced an issue with a sales rep trying to talk me out of a WP. But I've always been determined to buy the WP when I went to one and I clearly showed that I was very knowledgeable about the product so maybe they figured that it wasn't worth trying to convince me otherwise.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I got my 1520 just less than three hours ago and it. IS. AWESOME. The AT&T store had the 925, 1020, and 1520 on display. The salesperson I was talking to was great with his knowledge of Windows Phone. He knew about WP 8.1 and possible contract voiding issues (there were none, but I knew that from a thread suggested to me here- thanks brau0303!); he knew a lot about WP8 and how to use it; and even though I told him when I walked in that I wanted the 1520, I think he wasn't biased at all. That really made me happy that there still are good salespeople that would sell WP.

gkrew

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
telling a fellow Windows Phone user about the new features is not as awesome as it would have been to truly school a hater of WP. I do not get how these salespeople do not know about what they are selling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon