No Maps App Working (neither Maps, Here and Here Drive+)

jpdiman

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Today I had to use maps to get some directions on street, first one I tried was Here Maps, but every time I was typing the destination it force closed. Tried Here Drive+ also and it only worked for a few seconds. Didn't tried the stock "Maps" at the moment.

Then at home in the night I tried again to see what was the problem, neither Here worked. So I tried the stock Maps, which worked for a few minutes, I even played with that aired view, and hot spots location, but then it crashed and it's not working anymore.

Now my situation is: No maps apps are working, every single one of them starts loading and then force closes, already tried to reinstall both Here Maps and Drive+, got nothing. Restarted phone a few times, nothing.

I think that if I was able to remove my offline maps and then install again it should work, but I can't get into Settings>Apps>Maps, even the settings crashes.

What should I do? Maybe I could do a Hard Reset (never done before), but then I'm going to be unable to install Whatsapp :crying:

There is any way to remove my offline maps through my pc?

Running WP 8.1 on Lumia 520, maps for Brazil, and sorry for my English.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
When 8.1 came out I remember a Nokia article about HERE and the developers preview conflicts.
It just depends on how much you need HERE. If you can get along without, wait it out.
No PC access to offline maps.
Could try a soft reset. A soft reset does not lose data. it is like pulling the battery.
Hold the volume down button and the power button down until the phone vibrates, release. This takes about 10 seconds. The phone will shutdown and restart.

jpdiman

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, at first I thought "Oh I guess I wouldn't use HERE for a couple weeks", but when the stock Maps stopped working was very disappointing. I didn't managed to do the soft reset by using the button combination, but I did pull out the battery. Still nothing.

I stressed my Lumia, crash after crash I kept trying to open stock Maps, then the phone rebooted automatically, what is going on :(

jpdiman

May 21, 2014
Visit site
My phone is rebooting every once in a while now. I think I'm going to try the master reset. But there's any way to get Whatsapp after I do it?

I mean, how is the apps backup? It directly restores, or it tries to download from the store?

jpdiman

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Waze and CoPilot work fine with 8.1. I haven't really used either of the Here products.
Yes, they work because they don't use the offline maps data.

Strange thing is that location in Twitter is working, and the little map is functional. I guess it also don't use offline maps.

Vaidaskz

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I had such problem few days ago on 520. Every time Maps or Drive or Settings launsh - phone restarted. Factory reset solved the problem. I this this was after some maps data update I made before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit