It has been reported that due to technical issues, WhatsApp Messenger has been removed from the Store. WhatsApp tech team is now working closely with Microsoft to resolve the issues & hope to return to the Store shortly. Yes indeed I tried to search for WhatsApp Messenger & is no longer in the Store. As I understand this is due to Window 8.1 update that WhatsApp is having issues with. Thing is if I were to purchase a 930 which comes preloaded with 8.1 then I would not be able to use WhatsApp in my phone. I wonder those who are using 630 can use WhatsApp on their phone. I'm sure they will resolve this issue sooner or later but for now is a deal breaker. Cheers mate!
    05-24-2014 06:11 AM
    Guess you are not following news. It has been removed from store more than a week ago (maybe two by now). And no its not available for 630 either. It's not available for whole WP (7, 7.8, 8, 8.1)
    05-24-2014 06:48 AM
    Ehhm, man your two weeks late with this news. But thanks anyway. And its not windows 8.1, its actually windows phone 8.0 that has an issue.
    05-24-2014 06:48 AM
    It has been reported that due to technical issues, WhatsApp Messenger has been removed from the Store. WhatsApp tech team is now working closely with Microsoft to resolve the issues & hope to return to the Store shortly. Yes indeed I tried to search for WhatsApp Messenger & is no longer in the Store. As I understand this is due to Window 8.1 update that WhatsApp is having issues with. Thing is if I were to purchase a 930 which comes preloaded with 8.1 then I would not be able to use WhatsApp in my phone. I wonder those who are using 630 can use WhatsApp on their phone. I'm sure they will resolve this issue sooner or later but for now is a deal breaker. Cheers mate!
    seems old ... and final :B
    05-24-2014 06:51 AM
    Huh thanks guys. Actually I have read about it about a week ago & I didn't bother as my WhatsApp works fine in my 1020. Is a bit laggy though compare to Android's WhatsApp.
    I posted this when I decided to get the forthcoming 930 but not anymore as I need WhatsApp.
    I will still get it once is available back in the Store & the 930 is still not officially launch yet but it will be soon. Heard is June 7 or 9 launching. Hopefully by then it will be available in the Store. Cheers mate!
    05-24-2014 07:37 AM
    What is whatapp anyway?
    05-24-2014 08:52 AM
    Exactly, I know no one who uses it. My teenage daughter never heard of it. Kik is huge where I am from. Everyone is on Kik- which also sucks on WP too btw. Apparently Microsoft doesn't care about that but Kik is the reason my daughter wants to dump Windows Phone already since the app is horrendous and not being updated because Microsoft wont support webkit.
    05-24-2014 08:57 AM
    ... because Microsoft wont support webkit.
    It's not because Microsoft wont support webkit... it's because webkit is a messy engine that doesn't use web standards. Trident, which is Microsoft's engine, is actually standards compliant and it's the lazy developers that choose to use webkit's non-standards when coding that renders apps and webpages incompatible. You really should blame the developers.
    Amrykid and herbertsnow like this.
    05-24-2014 11:30 AM
    Lol old news

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk
    05-24-2014 11:40 AM
    Old news indeed lol 😁

Sent from my RM-942_lta_lta_228 using Tapatalk
    05-24-2014 04:12 PM
    Exactly, I know no one who uses it. My teenage daughter never heard of it.
    how very polar opposite to my neck of the woods, where it would be blasphemy not to have heard of it :) good job we all have choices!
    05-24-2014 05:32 PM
    I wish the administrators would fix the search function so people could find the billion WhatsApp threads and eliminate the need to start three new Whatsapp threads a day.

P.S. I haven't actually tried the search engine. I am just assuming it's broken. That's the only sane thing that could explain the recent rash of Whatsapp threads on the forum.
    05-24-2014 06:18 PM
    I am aware of the old news with Kik, I am just curious why Microsoft wont work with Kik but will with Whatsapp. It is interesting that Kik is so big by me (Ne Ohio)and not in other places. The sad thing is that Kik is enough for my daughter to plead with me for an iPhone or android. I am sure others will react to the same way if Whatsapp takes a long time to fix.
    05-24-2014 07:20 PM
    I'm sure WhatsApp will return eventually but that's the problem. The fact that it's missing from the store for an extended period of time just shines a spotlight on how WP is a distant 3rd place OS. If the Android or iOS app was pulled because of bugs you better believe it would have been fixed within a day or two.
    05-24-2014 07:45 PM
    There are already many threads to discuss WhatsApp and there is even one for this particular topic.

This is the official thread. It includes a link to the original news article.

Thread closed
    Last edited by a5cent; 05-25-2014 at 03:30 PM. Reason: spelling
    Laura Knotek and badcat like this.
    05-24-2014 07:51 PM