How To Extract A Profile Picture

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
When I got my new phone, and upgraded to Windows Phone 8.1, I lost a lot of my contact list pictures.
I assumed they would be saved, in the profiles, but most weren't.
On the other hand, there are a few profiles that retained their pictures.
I downloaded a bunch of pictures and am backing those up (in case it happens, again).
I haven't figured out how to extract the retained pictures from my contacts.
Does anyone know how to do it?
If I edit the contact, and tap on the picture, it shows me a Profile Pictures album, but that album isn't visible any other time.
JJ

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much linking my outlook account to my Social Media apps (facebook etc), covered assigning the pics to my contacts for me.

jay64

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
OK so I took a pic of my wife and added it to her contact info on wp8 (Nokia 925) and then added a pic my brother sent me to his contact info. Saved both to phone just in case. When I try to retrieve the photos they do NOT show anywhere but in the profile pics and from there you really can't edit them or save them (just crop them ????)....... I know the bleeping photos must be on the phone somewhere but where? It looks like profile pics where set up as social networking gimmicks so they would update from such sites but I don't use those services and never designated these two pics as "profile pics" just attached them to contacts. I use Live Mail so there are no pics attached to contacts in that appl (jeez MSFT, when will we able to do such a simple thing with LM???). Any ideas on where these photos, which show in the profile pics, are actually stored on the phone. I checked OneDrive - not there. Frustrating that you cannot edit the contact, select photo, copy or select and save to album. Any ideas welcome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes