Can I run data but disable voice?

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
In my "connected" life my only respite is long motorcycle rides alone out in the middle of no where for hours on end every Sunday.

I'm going to be buying this BT headset for my Arai helmet:
Sena SMH10R Bluetooth Headset - RevZilla

I want to listen to Pandora when riding but I absolutely do NOT when to be notified of calls or texts. As of now I only carry my phone for emergencies but knowing I can't hear a text or a call is the one simple fact that makes riding for me so peaceful as a relaxation outlet.

I really don't wish to preload music on my phone, put it into airplane mode, and turn BT on. Mainly because I haven't even bought music in 4 years since getting my Pandora subscription.

Do you guys know if this is possible on WP 8.1? Just the anxiety even knowing that I could possible hear a call of text come through is enough to ruin my entire vibe during my ride sad to say. That might sound trivial to some and I know I should see a shrink about it, but it's a fact at this point I need to work around.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions in advance!

Alex

motorcycler

May 26, 2017
Visit site
iPhones have a do-not disturb function that allows you to mute calls and texts while still using your phone. I believe the "quite hours" function should work the same way.

In my "connected" life my only respite is long motorcycle rides alone out in the middle of no where for hours on end every Sunday.

I'm going to be buying this BT headset for my Arai helmet:
Sena SMH10R Bluetooth Headset - RevZilla

I want to listen to Pandora when riding but I absolutely do NOT when to be notified of calls or texts. As of now I only carry my phone for emergencies but knowing I can't hear a text or a call is the one simple fact that makes riding for me so peaceful as a relaxation outlet.

I really don't wish to preload music on my phone, put it into airplane mode, and turn BT on. Mainly because I haven't even bought music in 4 years since getting my Pandora subscription.

Do you guys know if this is possible on WP 8.1? Just the anxiety even knowing that I could possible hear a call of text come through is enough to ruin my entire vibe during my ride sad to say. That might sound trivial to some and I know I should see a shrink about it, but it's a fact at this point I need to work around.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions in advance!

Alex

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon