03-14-2016 09:44 AM
38 12
tools
    Hmmm... I'm in the UK. I appear to be in warranty using lumia help and tips also...

I actually told the amazon customer services that I had installed the developer preview from ms: He spoke to a colleague and I ended up with a new phone.

Perhaps it is a regional thing?
    06-28-2014 03:37 PM
    Maybe. But that really doesn't make sense.
    06-28-2014 06:29 PM
    Consumer law is different place to place. It would be odd for a manufacturer to invalidate its own warranty be allowing its own device to be updated using its own software.

This isn't like android - if you want to unlock your boot loader, well it makes sense whatever you do after that is your problem.

This isn't the same thing.

Either way laws are different. I've got two years standard for the device - that's EU wide. They didn't even complain!

Consumer rights sometimes don't make sense. Apple still insist we only get one year warranty but legally it's two and they've had to change it in Italy... No sense indeed. It's all just greed. And economics ;)
    06-28-2014 06:59 PM
    Has anyone that has the official Cyan update notice if this is still an issue??

Also, i believe that you can use the Nokia Recovery App to install orig. os on lumia phone.
    I would do this in the us before you bring phone to metropcs or tmobile to have them look at it for ANY reason, as disclaimer for 8.1 DP in US clearly states that by installing you can void warranty.

Metro PCS tries to cut every corner they can with customer service and save every penny, using any excuse they can to not service your phone. It's one reason they are able to charge so little, cuz almost all of their customer service is automated, it takes an average of 5min on the automated phone menu of repeatedly insisting to talk to an operator before they will actually connect you, it keeps trying to force you to use automated system first. They will jump at the chance to not cover your phone using the DP warrant void excuse. I swear they're trained to try to screw the customer any way possible. That being said, the minimum of $720+ i save a year by using their service, without losing any features of the major networks or speed, makes it WELL worth it to solve my own problems, or to even just buy a new lumia.
    08-22-2014 09:03 PM
    Preview for dev. is exactly that, a preview for developers,to work out the bugs. It is a beta version of the software and they do not know how stable it is.It could over heat you phone to the point of melting the solder on the boards. Crash when you open a picture. Become self aware and take over the world. Pretty much anything could go wrong. That is why it voids your warranty. Some stores, probably have workers who are ignorant to this fact and will give you a new phone. But they are not supposed to.I would go on the preview for dev. site and see if anyone else has this issue. Or report it on there so they can work on a fix for it. It is probably a result with some app you downloaded not being totally compatible with the OS. Or some app you deleted taking part of the OS coding with it. Either way I would go to dev. site to search for an answer. And maybe next time leave the beta testing t people with a knowledge of coding. If you don't want to run into problems.
    09-07-2014 06:02 PM
    I'm from Brazil and I have the same problem!
    I have a Lumia 820 (WP8.1) and my laptops running Win 7 and Win 8.1 don't recognize the device either.
    10-18-2014 01:50 PM
    Hello there!
    I have a Lumia 1020 with the windows phone 8.1 developer preview, and am experiencing a problem with my phone. I can't connect my phone to my Windows 8.1 laptop.
    I have tried all of the solutions I found online.
    I can't uninstall or reinstall the drivers as Windows does not recognize the phone, and lists it under "other devices" in device manager.
    I have tried connecting the phone while it is off and have even tried changing the USB setings in the Bing search.
    I guess the only other solution possible is to find the USB drivers and install them manually.
    Can anyone provide a link to the drivers ? I can't find them anywhere online.
    Or does anyone know of a solution to my problem?
    Really guys, I would be very thankful.
    I am also facing the exact same problem.Did u manage to fix it??
    10-23-2014 03:53 PM
    I too am troubleshooting this issue. The phone charges from USB port from Win 8.1 laptop but not connect to open files. Tried to use Metro WP App and File Explorer. I hope to see an update soon. Pain for trying to add/delete music.
    11-10-2014 12:29 AM
    I too am troubleshooting this issue. The phone charges from USB port from Win 8.1 laptop but not connect to open files. Tried to use Metro WP App and File Explorer. I hope to see an update soon. Pain for trying to add/delete music.
    sad to hear that. What about battery backup on your phone, is it any good after the update??
    11-10-2014 02:35 AM
    I'm also experiencing this. Mine is L620 running WP 8.1 DP

I've have tried everything from changing the USB cable to hard-reset the phone but nothing worked.

EDIT : I've also have tried connecting it to another PC but still no luck
    Are u still facing the issue??
    11-18-2014 03:41 AM
    my lumia 625 is updated to 8.1 and it wont connect to my Laptop OS 8.1
    but it connects to other system with OS win 7 or XP
    Can any one tell were the problem is . is it with Laptop or Mobile . I need driver . Pc settings says driver is un available.
    05-12-2015 09:01 AM
    my lumia 625 is updated to 8.1 and it wont connect to my Laptop OS 8.1
    but it connects to other system with OS win 7 or XP
    Can any one tell were the problem is . is it with Laptop or Mobile . I need driver . Pc settings says driver is un available.
    If your phone is detected by other PCs/OS , then the problem is definitely with your laptop. Check for drivers under device manager, remove/update existing windows phone drivers.
    sometimes laptops fail to recognize phones when the laptops are running on batteries. Connect your laptop to a power source(mains) and then try connecting your phone to the laptop.
    There are numerous threads on the forum on this topic, refer them if my reply seems to be inadequate.

Regards,
    Raviraj
    06-15-2015 03:47 AM
    Why my phone can't connect to computer even after following all guidelines
    03-14-2016 09:44 AM
38 12