New Update 8.10.14192.280

stokes1510

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
as some one said once does the battery needs to be full and then unplug and update or have it on charge while the update is going on. Apparently the later screws up the calibration of the battery.
Is there a way I can fix this as my Lumia 920 only last half a day with moderate use....

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
What sort?

Well I've seen two. When unlocking the first few times after startup as I swiped up the front page kind of vanished sooner than hitting the top with some flicker. Doesn't seem to happen now, however later I did have an different odd thing where it refused to respond to touch on the lock screen so I pressed power twice to cycle that and then worked correctly.

Second glitch was seen in the WP app when scrolling articles up. Somehow there was some odd rendering of squashed articles down the left at a diagonal momentarily. That could be an app bug of course.

Generally all seems fine now though and resuming apps feels faster however unscientific that is to say.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
as some one said once does the battery needs to be full and then unplug and update or have it on charge while the update is going on. Apparently the later screws up the calibration of the battery.
...and again, please cite a verifiable source for the claim regarding the battery. It is otherwise nothing more than an urban legend. It is not stated anywhere in Microsoft's instructions for updating the software and contradicts the instructions for updating Lumia firmware (50% charged or plugged in). Here are the links to the actual information direct from Microsoft:

How do I update my Windows Phone software? | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
Software update for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia

If people have anything that supersedes, please post the links. If not not, then it is just a rumor that has reached urban legend status. BTW, posting links to a thread where users make the claim without verification from Microsoft are not support. By that standard, bigfoot populations must exist in the millions; no one ever walked on the moon; there is giant monument on Mars; and Barack Obama is a secret Islamic plant in the US government who was born in Africa.

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
My 925 has graphic glitches after the latest update. Started as problems closing apps, not returning to the start screen. Trying to force close the app resulted in this:
CIMG3117.JPG

power+vol down reset cleared it for now.

the_zeni

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
So after the update, the wordflow (swype... whatever) doesn't work anymore. When I want to write a word with this tecnology it breaks the Input (even for normal typing) and I have to exit the textfield first to be able to input any letter into the field.

Edit: Turns out reset solved the problem. No other bugs occured til now

pauljwells

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Broken screen. It's a coincidence that it happened with the update. I had it and Nokia fitted a new screen under warranty. I know it was new because the old one had a scratch and the new one didn't

DrDon

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
For the first time, I'm able to place a call through Chevrolet's MyLink. Before, I'd say "Call Bill Gates" and after a pause, MyLink would say "pardon?" I'd have to fire up Cortana on the phone by hand (that sounds dirty) or turn my phone off, which causes MyLink to place the call through OnStar handsfree calling. Possible coincidence. I'll need to place more calls to be sure.

Meanhwhile, the update before this one stopped the phone from reading text messages through MyLink. I didn't change any settings. Before, as soon as Driving Mode began, Cortana would mute the radio and announce incoming text messages. Still isn't working with this update.

Anyone know if this update fixed a tethering issue? Couldn't keep a laptop tethered for more than a minute before the phone would drop the internet requiring me to cycle the phone to get it tethering, again.

I have noticed that my phone shows up on my laptop's WiFi list whether it's set to tether or not.

Lumia 1020

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Not seeing that on my 1520 yesterday or today. The update went smooth mostly while I was in my auto. No issues to report especially the battery.

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
8.10.14192.280 was installed on my Lumia 620 tonight. No problems until now, reboot once to check for problems, all ok.

Some say it is a bit fast but in general, it looks the same. I think the Nokia Camera is faster because I use it everyday and load faster and shoots better. Maybe it is not, but this time was faster. Maybe just me wanting to be faster...

Anyway, update takes more than 10 minutes. So connect it to the socket wall or computer and just wait. After the update, as always, it will update almost every app, so you do need to wait for it to finish and then, restart the phone.

Let's hope the battery is even better as was on the last update, as it almost double the standby time. Before was bad. After these last updates, the line is not flat but l do have the phone to last 2 days with a few calls and email, bluetooth and little more.

So for now, all went well for me. But I need a day or two to test this.

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Oh, my update was done in the Lumia 620 from Vodafone Portugal, but now unlocked.

Amazing little phone wih 512mb of RAM and small battery, and does not bend. Amazing!

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have also experience HUGE battery drain in my L1520 after this update. I would estimate the battery drains 50% faster. Need more time to test to be exact. I have soft reseted and rebooted, so I dont expect to have any way to fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos