07-16-2014 07:37 AM
443 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    My contacts is a mess ! And I can't enter is my email and account setting !
    04-15-2014 06:54 AM
    Overall, I love the update, it definitely feels more mature. The new swype keyboard is jaw-droppingly fantastic, IE's gained funcionality is good, notification centre is awesome.

A couple of problems, big and small I hope will be ironed out:
    - Windows Phones are still behind when it comes to playing music, which is strange. The new Xbox Music app STILL doesn't read metadata correctly, when I try to browse the artists, a couple of them are there, most are under unkown artist. I downloaded a simple third party music player and everything's fine there. I don't get it.
    - I'm a fan of the new calendar app, looks sleek and polished, but why, oh why have it display only one line of agenda when you pin it to the home screen? Defeats the whole purpose of having it there for quick access.
    - It's not really ideal that Cortana needs location turned on to work. It's a major issue noew, that everyone is experiencing battery drain.
    - Oh, and the battery drain. I can definitely feel it, but it took me a while to realise a lot of apps started running in the background automatically and I needed to kill them, so I don't know how it's going to be later.

Would you recommend a hard reset now after the install process? I remember when I first got the phone and updated it a couple of times, I was experiencing all kinds of strange bugs but a hard reset put everything in its place so maybe I should go for it.
    04-15-2014 06:54 AM
    I just add the quiet hours icon to the action center for quick access. Is it possible to have quiet hours on and still have the alarms work? Haven't seen that option yet. Maybe I missed it.
    Oh right, quick access, I didn't notice it was possible!

My alarms went all OK this morning while my phone was in quiet hours mode ;)
    04-15-2014 06:57 AM
    I love the file picker. I used it to upload my picture using the wpcentral website.
    04-15-2014 09:49 AM
    So many important features added that you take for granted on IOS or Android. Action Centre, Quiet Hours, Customisable tones and notifications for EVERY app, automatic download of full email with pictures, 3rd row off apps, Cortana. All huge things for me and has stopped me going back to iPhone again for now. I actually love my 1020 but the biggest drawback for me still is apps. Sure most of the biggies are there but even then Facebook etc isn't a patch on IOS or Android versions. If they brought these in line with the big 2 then it would be perfect IMO.
    04-15-2014 09:59 AM
    Overall it's an awesome update.
    Photo hub and music app are terrible!
    Lag every time. I hope they fix those 'apps' quickly.
    04-15-2014 11:40 AM
    Is there any way to remove games from the app list?
    04-15-2014 12:27 PM
    Nope. It's a terrible decision I hope gets overturned.
    lexus232 and Zeem Frostmaw like this.
    04-15-2014 12:46 PM
    It's almost as good as I expected it to be but some of the changes and design decisions made in 8.1 are seriously bugging me and actually detracting from all the positives.

Games now show in the app list
    Who thought this was a good idea? This is so dumb and backwards thinking I can't believe this would be intentional.

System tray icons don't auto-hide
    Should be an option. Again we're going backwards.

New Photo Hub
    Big visual downgrade here. No easy access to 3rd party editing apps.

Music hub
    No comment.

Removed Facebook and Twitter functions in Me and People hubs
    It's just never good to remove features.

Then there's things that were removed/screwed with for no good reason:

No more carousel effect when pinching out in gallery
    A great feature that made browsing through the gallery smooth and easy. Gone.

Everything else seems great and promising (Action Center, Cortana, keyboard shape writing, background tile customization, new Store features, apps on the sd card, new options in settings). It's the stuff that was changed or removed that has me feeling disheartened and disappointed. Hopefully most of these issues will get fixed/polished in time but right now I'm missing a lot of the nice little touches and the overall WP feeling that I liked in 8.0.
    Absolutely hate the Facebook deintegration. Want to comment on something on your feed for Facebook? Have to open the app. Why even show the [+]? Want to comment on something that you posted in your Me Hub? Have to open the App. Want to post an update to Facebook? Have to open the app. Want to upload a picture to Facebook? Have to open the app. Everything that was streamlined requires an extra step in regards to Facebook. I understood the changes coming to the messenger to match the changes to other platforms, but this is pushing it. Also no longer able to post updates to all accounts at once or Share pictures to other apps (6tag for instance, you have to open the app to do that). Some nice tweaks here and there but some pointless changes.

I agree with all of this. I dislike how the photos are organized now. I WANT albums. I don't like to look at a bunch of jumbled mess (ie, the recent photos listed by date, ALL podcasts in my subscribed podcast instead of just downloaded ones. Yes I know I can view just those, but it doesn't default to that or remember my choice to do that, and all of my games listed in my app list now too.) I also cannot understand why Facebook was not left integrated. Why would they take it out of my messenger hub? That was the best feature. And what in the heck is the point of the Me tile now that FB notifications don't pop up there or a quick view of my newsfeed. Now, just like iOS I have to go into an app to do anything (Facebook). so very annoying
    04-15-2014 02:15 PM
    Facebook integration removed from WP8.1?
    04-15-2014 02:19 PM
    1. Who cares about Facebook anymore? Maybe they are seeing a future in which Facebook finally loses its dirty grip on our lives.

2. I'm loving 8.1! The slide typing is just pure brilliance!
    lexus232, badcat and ajj3085 like this.
    04-15-2014 02:22 PM
    All my games are in the app list since 8.1, in the Xbox games app there isn't any game, is this for everyone the same?

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk
    04-15-2014 02:24 PM
    Does anyone else not get notifications from Facebook about who like your posts/comments/photos? The old style used to tell me someone had liked something but I could use the app to see exactly who. Now are we not supposed to get this notification our is it just me?
    04-15-2014 02:28 PM
    Does anyone else not get notifications from Facebook about who like your posts/comments/photos? The old style used to tell me someone had liked something but I could use the app to see exactly who. Now are we not supposed to get this notification our is it just me?
    It's just you...go into Facebook and check settings. Mine works exactly the same as it did before 8.1. I get all the same notifications.
    04-15-2014 07:09 PM
    Anybody faces lock screen issue? Sometimes I can't lock the screen by pressing the power button. The same happen when unlocking. It happen quite often. When it happens, I need to long press the camera button to start the camera to unlock the phone.
    04-16-2014 12:19 AM
    I have something like that, it sometimes take several seconds after pressing the powerbutton for the lock screen to show up.
    04-16-2014 02:32 AM
    my phone got stuck after doing some plug and unplug USB connection.
    my desktop is windows 8.1.
    i could not turn off screen with power button, i had to reset phone to get it work again,
    this issue happened several times to my phone. (Nokia Lumia 1020 with windows phone 8.1 developer preview)

anyone knows where to report bug?
    04-16-2014 03:02 AM
    As many other people have said, the games in the app list is dumb. Especially when all the apps are in alphabetical order. We don't have icons like ios and android so we needed it to be seperate.
    04-16-2014 03:27 AM
    Hi, like the update, just one problem so far, can't access the "Find My Phone" menu anymore, anyone else have the same problem?
    04-16-2014 04:19 AM
    I've noticed that my phone seems much more laggy than it did before. With WP8 the OS seemed fluid and I rarely had crashing/slow opening apps. For example, every time I try to open Podcasts it takes forever and half the time I have to reopen it repeatedly. I love that I can now add episodes to my queue, don't love that it's sometimes a struggle to open the app or navigate inside the app once it's open.

I'm not sure if it's because this is the dev preview or because I have a low end phone(Lumia 521).
    04-16-2014 04:25 AM
    I've noticed some lag as well when I return to the start screen. Also, yesterday, I experienced the fluorescent/negative color bug for the first time.
    04-16-2014 05:54 AM
    I am pretty sure final release of 8.1 from Nokia will be better optimized than dev preview, but the question is how long we are going to wait before it gets released?
    04-16-2014 05:56 AM
    Enterprise WiFi still not good.

According to Microsoft officials EAP-method TTLS+PAP is available for WP 8.1 (Enterprise Wi-Fi authentication (EAP)).
    But it still does not work. Users have been waiting since Windows Phone 7 for this feature.

If you choose EAP-method TTLS in the WiFi-settings on your WP8.1-phone - it will still ask the RADIUS-servers for MSCHAP-challange/response. And there is no way to change it to PAP in the WiFi-settings.

This means that a couple of hundred thousands users (students, teachers and professors and alike) world wide - still can't use eduroam WiFi with their Windows Phones where TTLS+PAP is used.

All (!) the other modern platforms supports this: including Android, IOS, MacOSX, Windows 8/8.1, Windows RT, Google Chrome OS, Blackberry, Linux and even Kindle!
    But NOT Windows Phone.... Why? And when (if ever) will this be fixed?

04-16-2014 06:25 AM
    I have a query. If I will install the dev preview of 8.1, will I be able to receive the official update from of Nokia Lumia. Please someone reply. Thanks!
    04-16-2014 06:33 AM
    When the official release comes out yes you will get the update.
    abhishek247 likes this.
    04-16-2014 06:34 AM
443 ... 1314151617 ...