What's Your Ultimate Windows Ecosystem Fitness System?

teddystiles

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So my wife is making me do a detox diet. Not looking forward to eliminating delicious food, but I guess I am looking forward to losing a few unwanted pounds. I'm looking forward even more to using technology to help!

I've downloaded a few fitness apps over the years: MyFitnessPal, MapMyRun, Runtastic, miCoach, Winter Sports 2.0, etc. Haven't really used them much. I have zero hardware, but am interested in a smart scale and some other sort of tracking device like FitBit.

My wife and I both have Lumia 920s and Surface RTs, and we're both way plugged into social media. Since there is no all-in-one perfect app out there (I know some apps "plug in" to one another) nor much Windows Phone/Windows 8 compatible hardware (it's obviously mostly iOS and Android), I'd like to pose the question to you all:

From apps to hardware, what social-enabled fitness/diet system of apps and hardware have you implemented across your Windows ecosystem?

Thank you for your help!

PS: My first priority today is a scale!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Right now I am liking MyFitnessPal for the diet tracking and it ties to Endomondo Sports Tracker for the activity tracking.
Both do social media. Endomondo has the best WP app in my opinion. (It has audible alerts when during endurance work which is nice)

Forget the scale. It lies. ;-)

wtupyo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I use FitBit Force (previously Flex) and love it. It syncs over through to my MyFitnessPal account (which MFP is much better for tracking food than FitBit, and syncs back to FitBit! Win-Win!) Sadly though because FitBit doesn't have an official app there is no way to do any syncing of it to my 1020.

I end up using my Nexus 5 instead daily... if that would be fixed (along with Simple bank bringing forth a WP app) then I'd be completely set on sticking with WP all the time and not jumping between it and my Nexus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon