Cortana, personal assistant???

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. I know about the Android apps and their integration in the OS. Yes an Android app would be able to do those things. Sorry for that... :(

Yes, they can do that but I think it is an odd idea to port one of the biggest features of the new update to other platforms. It's like they would bring Office to iOS! ;D

I think they will use Cortana first to promote WP. But nobody knows what will happen.

No worries. But I do think it's actually likely that Cortana will, at some point, show up on other platforms, at least Android. MS is actually supposed to release Office for iPad very soon!

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I just hope we don't have to use voice all the time....I did quite like the contextual updates/cards in Google Now when I had it on my iOS device...because voice can be so unreliable and tbh contextual information at the right time is much better than having to ask for it.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I still find it funny how people go on about this thing. I see many people with iPhones and Androids about. I've never seen anyone use the PA on them. So unless it's a private at home thing the PA is be about as useful as the other two in existence. In other words I don't see it being used by many people in the streets as most people simply find it pointless.

Not completely. I use Indigo and Speech in public. Its just silenced. Its easier to set up appointments or text on the go. I don't need to be constantly looking at my phone. In and out. I'm used to people on their Bluetooth. I don't see no difference.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I hope Cortana will be in app form, so that MS can update it regularly. If,it would be baked into the OS it would be really bad. Same with mail and calendar etcetera. I really hope they turn into updateable apps.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Being as voice recognition is in my realm of expertise, don't expect anything amazing from Cortana's voice recognition features. Language is the most complicated things that we as humans have. You should be far more interested in the "If this then that" capabilities and location based services. She's probably going to be most gifted at giving reminders at times and places and using the context of what you're doing to ask you if you want reminded of things.

Don't expect her to always be on either - at least in the sense of voice recognition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon