What happened with Facebook Blue?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was wondering and also never said anything about the Me tile changes, the messenger hub , or anything like that

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
FB blue is there, and the video from Daniel on the main WPC page shows how it plugs into the Me tile which was still there on his build of WP8.1 (though it was obviously an older build that he had).

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I doubt it will be ALL new. I mean, Facebook has a mobile app vision, and iphone, android, and windows phone all have the exact same app. If I were to guess, I'd say the current app will just be updated to compatibility with 8.1 and some code changes to link in with the new APIs for messaging/integration/cortana.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it will be ALL new. I mean, Facebook has a mobile app vision, and iphone, android, and windows phone all have the exact same app. If I were to guess, I'd say the current app will just be updated to compatibility with 8.1 and some code changes to link in with the new APIs for messaging/integration/cortana.

Per a tweet from Nawzil (famous leaker) the FB beta was the basis of FB blue, so the code isn't from scratch. However WP8 had limitations causing certain features to lack or be slower, etc. But these limitations were removed in the WP8.1 APIs so FB Blue SHOULD be a much better experience.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I hope facebook on WP8.1 will load the timeline a lot faster...it's really laggy, on the other hand they really did improve messenger with the recent update. It's much much faster to send and to receive without reloading the chat windows

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2