A question about developer's preview

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I have a question about the Windows Phone Developers Preview. I already have an account as i am a registered Windows 8 store developer (and i have apps there) and today after finally watching the Build keynote i decided to download and enable the preview on my Lumia 925. My question is: After i get the developer build of the OS, Nokia will release its update (Lumia Cyan) that is bundled with Windows Phone 8.1 will i get the Cyan update and final OS build or will i just get the final OS build and my phone will skip the Cyan update?

Please answer my question here, and if you can please explain how the OS checks for update (Does it check for OS version and firmware version or just the OS version)

Thank you all soooo much.

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
It checks firmware version (wich includes os version).
You'll have the final version of wp8.1 (which will include Nokia Cyan) once it's release.

There are like 10000 thread speaking about it...

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It checks firmware version (wich includes os version).
You'll have the final version of wp8.1 (which will include Nokia Cyan) once it's release.

There are like 10000 thread speaking about it...
Firmware and OS versions are separate., not combined as you state.

The PfD allows for the phone update to check against both the standard and special update servers and for that special update server it compares the current OS version against what is currently being offered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes