I neeed to get an 8.1 phone, but which one?

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, after returning my 520 with random reboot issues, I have not replaced it. But, I have to say all the early hype with 8.1 has me a little twitchy to get another WP.

Soo, let me pick the wise and brainy folk's brains.

I was thinking of waiting for the 630, due I believe around May some time. But, the chances of a good price deal are slim to none in the early days. Also reading about the differences between it and the 520, other than the processor, not a lot.

I then started looking at the 520, 620 and 820, 822 and 920 and decided my budget can run to $250-max, 4G, unlocked and new. I was interested in the 822 being both CDMA and GSM, seems kinda nice but I use prepaid and CDMA carriers are currently not known for their pricing-benevolence, so probably not all that important. :)

What's with all the numbers? Is there a comparison table. I don't care about the camera facing me, not sure if that is the back or front camera.

Can anyone weigh in with a "pick-a-number," for me?

Thanks

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well..if you can get a 920, that'd be great. It's still an awesome device I'd say.
I know I'm getting a 1520 :) Just too bad, I wanted some Imaging Flagship (hoped that it would come out soon, but nopes..).

vindicarblack

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi All, after returning my 520 with random reboot issues, I have not replaced it. But, I have to say all the early hype with 8.1 has me a little twitchy to get another WP.

Soo, let me pick the wise and brainy folk's brains.

I was thinking of waiting for the 630, due I believe around May some time. But, the chances of a good price deal are slim to none in the early days. Also reading about the differences between it and the 520, other than the processor, not a lot.

I then started looking at the 520, 620 and 820, 822 and 920 and decided my budget can run to $250-max, 4G, unlocked and new. I was interested in the 822 being both CDMA and GSM, seems kinda nice but I use prepaid and CDMA carriers are currently not known for their pricing-benevolence, so probably not all that important. :)

What's with all the numbers? Is there a comparison table. I don't care about the camera facing me, not sure if that is the back or front camera.

Can anyone weigh in with a "pick-a-number," for me?

Thanks

What carrier and country?

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
If you can get a 920, it is a great device. Still a great phone, almost 2 years after it was released.

I have to agree. I've had it for two years and it's a beast. I've dropped it serveral time and not a scratch on the thing two years later. I still get complients on it all the time. I really, really want the 1520, but I'm waiting on the slew of new releases in June.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes