Bing News, Finance, Sports, Health etc, apps

Neil Katz

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
These apps do not appear to support transparent live tiles. I tried the Transparency Tiles app, which did make them transparent, but they were no loner live tiles - all I see is an Icon. One would think that Microsoft's own apps would be the first to support this feature.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Those apps will not make bing apps live tiles , what they are doing is just pining a shortcut of the app on your start screen which is transparent. One have to wait for Microsoft to update all bing suite apps :/

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I still have my Sports and News tiles pinned without transparency because I love live tiles (partially the reason why I was attracted to WP) and those in particular, but I sure wish Microsoft would make their Bing Suite apps transparent though...only reason I'm not using Weather at the moment (Amazing Weather HD has a transparent live tile).

Make it happen Microsoft! :cool:

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Yeah they will hopefully make them transparent on the flip side of the tile. The front should still show images as they do now, but when they flip and show text only, they should be transparent (if you choose them to be). The exception could be the Weather app, they could make both sides transparent on that one if the user elects, similar to Amazing Weather HD.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
How do I share an article on fb and ect?I tried and it looks like you have to be on Windows phone and have to have the app to view it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon