Reverse battery drain!

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Had an app that had been updated and wasn't starting up, so I decided to restart the phone to clear things up and see if that made a difference. My battery was at about 25%-30% remaining before reboot.

After reboot? Full battery! Notification screen shows 100% Full battery icon on homescreen.

Now of course, I don't believe it. So I restart the phone again... back to where it should be.

Just a wee glitch that I wanted to mention in case MS WP8 team members peruse the forums. I'm not sure what would happen in the event the battery
hit absolute zero and the phone didn't see it coming. Maybe damage the battery or muck up the OS if it didn't get a chance to auto-shutdown...?

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had that happen to me once before. My battery said it had around 80% then out of nowhere, my L920 spat out a warning message saying that my battery was critically low at around 5%. I decided to restart my phone, knowing that my battery was not low. When I restarted it, it showed back to its normal level. I was confused about it to as well.

humblehyper

May 1, 2012
Visit site
This just happened to me just now, it's showing I had 80% then the phone keeps rebooting, on the third reboot it showed I had 3% which is very unlikely cause I haven't been doing anything to the phone, it's just on the table and it's only 11:30 AM PST here. I have a Lumia 1520 that I just updated to 8.1 a few hours ago.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I have had this happen to me when after a restart, battery levels goes down sharply. I think though, that battery does indeed drain, but I when if this happens again, I will reboot a second time to see if battery levels go up and report back.

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
This is something I've experienced several times and I believe it's a known bug in WP8. Unfortunately, it seems to have gotten worse with 8.1.

Times that I've noticed it happen most are when apps or the device become unstable. For example, the other day my phone froze and reset itself. When it came back on, it was reporting 10%. Restarted it and it was back to 70%. It seems certain types of crashed and soft resets do not properly clear the RAM and result in this erroneous battery level. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon