What happens with the Preview for Developers after the update?

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

What would happen with Preview for developers after the official 8.1 rolls out at the end of the month?
Should we delete the software and unsubscribe? If we keep it, is there some info whether we would receive any next big update before the official one rolls out?

Thanks!

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Leave the app installed if you want, it will not cause any problems and when the next developers preview is released or equivalent you'll be ready.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Maybe they gave us earlier update. Installing that app and enable it equivalent with joining BETA evaluation program

Maybe they gave 8.2 update in future I don't know. Just leave the software installed. They may pull the app after 8.1. Just untick it if you felt not confortable enough

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Since you're now registered as a developer, you'll get any future "beta OS's" that come down the line. So Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1, which should be later this year, will be available to you ahead of everyone else who hasn't signed up! :)

Jeff Spradling

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Where can I find the instructions and links for becoming a dev and getting the app(s). I'm not sure if I need to install an SDK or just fill out a form.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
You are aware that when you take the official update :

- Your phone will be backed up - all apps, data, app data, settings, IE Favorites, etc (take your own backup, also ... before)
- The OS will be COMPLETELY overwritten - wiped clean, then NEW install
- Rebooted
- Backup restored
- Most settings will revert to before - some default

Thus the feeling of a new phone - it is. quicker, smoother, snappier - whatever adjective applied to it.

Leave the Dev Preview app, it'll get you GDR1 early.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes